Natasha

I crash into the brick wall for cover as gunfire rings out around me.I look over the wall only to duck back down as a bullet is sent my way."STEVE!!!"I yell into the comm..He crashes down beside me coughing violently.

"We're getting killed out here!"He yells over the gunfire.

"We need a plan."

Steve crawls over me peeking around the wall."There's a building over there,"He says."We can take cover there and come up with a plan there."

"Agent Romanoff do you copy?"

"This is Agent Romanoff."

"The hostiles are holding hostages in the building on your seven."

I peek around the wall and curse."Copy."

"What?"Steve asks.

I nod toward the building."The hostiles are holding hostages in there."

Steve considers this a moment and looks at me."I'll cover you."

I nod and count to three and burst out into a full on sprint to the building,running as fast as my legs will allow,Steve not trailing to far behind.Steve points upward and I hear only faintly.The pleading cry and the harsh responses to them.I nod and motion toward the steps.Steve nods slowly and follows me up the steps silently.

There is a wooden door concealing us from the hostages.I know that its locked,I don't even have to check to know that.Steve looks back at me as if searching for me to come up with something."Knock it down."I mouth.He nods and I slowly mouth the numbers and Steve throws himself at the door knocking it down.I shoot quickly and precisely and kill the hostiles.The hostages are huddled in a corner crying and screaming to be released.

What now.We can't send them out there."

"Does anybody copy?"

"I copy,"

Mason,how far are you form hostile base?"

"Just outside ,Agent Romanoff."

"Send up your tactical-"

"NATASHA!"

I spin around as the bullet fires and hits my thigh.I crash to the ground screaming in pain as Steve throws his shield sending it crashing into the hostiles neck.

He kneels down beside me wrapping my arm around his neck and standing me up.I yelp in pain."Agent Romanoff?!"

"I'm here Mason,"I reply shakily.

"Are you alright."

"I've been hit.But I'm fine."

"We're on our way up.The city is contained.The military has arrived." He pauses."Should I send up a medic"

"No,Mason,just get up here and escort the hosatges."

"Roger that,Agent Romanoff."

Steve and I walk down the steps wih tremendous efort.We step onto the quinjet just outside the building and I am torn away by a medic who attends to my leg.

"You alright?"Steve asks concern flooding his voice.

"I'm fine,"I assure him with a small smile.

"Thats good,"He says relieved."You did good out there."

I wave him off dissmissevely,too tired for any of his praise."I just want to go home."

'Your in luck then."He smiles down at me and i can't help but smile back.