Part 2 : What to believe

The lady sat on the concrete bench and talked about herself. "Well, I have to tell you first who I am. Have a seat." , she offered as Jack sat on the bench. "Spirits are chosen by The Man and The Moon like you Guardians. But the difference is that Guardians do tasks mostly for children while us ,Spirits, we take over people of all ages. We are assigned to designated Seasons; Spring, Summer, Autumn( Fall), and Winter. You may think that you are a Spirit of Winter but alas, the Winter Spirit was chosen 360 years ago while you are 305 years in this world. But an incident happened when The Man and The Moon was about to choose the Autumn Spirit, The Winter Spirit had vanished. Many say he was dead but The Man and The Moon said that the said Spirit was locked in the Underworld. That is where all mischievous or unruly elementals were to be prisoned or worse, to be exiled. The Man in the Moon said that the Winter Spirit is still alive but they shouldn't risk to rescue The Winter Spirit in chances of  a great rampage of unruly elementals. So till then, we have our watch on you. By the way, I was once Laurice Springer, but now I am Flora, the Spring Spirit.". Jack was nodding his head as if he was impressed.

He looked at her again and analyzed her physical features. She had long, black hair with pale green eyes. She also had semi-pouted rosy pink lips. She was just as tall as Jack. " I feel you look familiar. I think I saw you somewhere.", Jack said. "You must be mistaken maybe that was one of my descendants from my relatives. Many of my female descendants look almost like me.", she answered. He nodded agreeing to her statement. "What if a season was  not executed well? I mean, if something not good--" ."Then we will be judged by The Man and The Moon if we are worthy to continue or to be exiled." , she answered his unfinished question.

Jack was confused. Not because of Flora's identity, but of the part where she says he's not the Winter Spirit. "How can that be? I was chosen to be the Winter Spirit and nobody else. But if that's true, then what am I?", he asked. Flora had her mind set and answered leaving doubt, " I don't know. The Man and The Moon said that the Spirit was chosen to be The Winter Spirit but then was vanished...They say that you wore chosen in that man's behalf. That's it . I have nothing more to say. Forgive me, Jack.". Later, she invited Jack to hang along with her since he had nothing else to go. "Well, I might be a nice companion. You know what I mean." , he said. She insisted that she trusts him and so they flew in the air and went to her friend, Stella, The Summer Spirit.