Part 8: One Step Closer

It has been stressful that day. All the Guardians left to do their duties. North gave Flora some thing. "What is this North?", she asked. "It is a special candle. When you light it up, you can call us anytime and in contact.", North answered. The Guardians say their farewell to Flora and left in a glimpse. Flora had wondered. She has now more friends that care and trust her, yet she still longs for Will. She went out to the shore and sat on the sand. She felt the sand with her hands. She thought of singing a song she once sang with Will, when he was still with him.

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday

waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you for a

Thousand years

I'll love you for a

Thousand more

(She then visualizes a flashback where Will was singing along .)

And all along I believed

I would find you

Time has brought

Your heart to me

I have loved you for a 

Thousand years

I'll love you for a

Thousand more

Tears dripped from her eyes. She can't deny that she loves him so much. "Will, where are you? If you're alive or even with me. Can you give me a sign?.....P-p-p-please?....", she said sadly. Flora grasped some sand in her hand. Suddenly, there was writings on the sand. It said, "I'm here. I've always been. I just never had the chance.". She was afraid at first but then she crawled nearer and it began to write again."It's me, Laurice. I just can't be long to talk. I maybe caught by an elemental and I will totally vanish. I promise.". Then the writings were erased by a strong wind that made the sand blank again. She tried to trace any steps but none were recovered. She felt bad but she had hope. She knew it was Will and she will wait as he said.

Back in the house, Jack laid down with his head gently raised on a pillow. He tried to stand up and take a walk. He succeeded. Then he walks through the living room. Then all of a sudden, Jack noticed a blurry figure passed by very quick. He held his staff and was ready. He thought it may have been the attacker earlier. He slowly stepped back and forth and saw no signs. He then went to the mirror to check if he's in good shape. As he went to the mirror, he had some narcisstic look and smiled. Later then, He saw a pebble on the floor. He picked it up and look at it. He never noticed his reflection suddenly changed. He saw a man, a bit taller than him, black haired and had gray-blue eyes. Jack pointed his staff at the mirror. "Who are you?What do you want from me? Speak.".The apparition in the mirror spoke. "Relax, my friend. Your Laurice's friend right?". Jack was surprised to hear the apparition saying Flora's real name."How do you know her? Wait-- Answer me first! Who and what are you?", Jack asked. "Well, I'm Wimpy Willy. Also known as Will. Forgive me. Ha, my introduction seemed, awkward....", the apparition replied. Jack was in shock. He finally met Flora's greatest love, Will. He looked him in the eye. "Okay, so you're Will, Huh, I thought you're gone. You know Flora has changed a bit. And--"."Oh-oh-oh. Jack Frost. You want her to be yours?! Ha! Even you'll give the world to her, your not the one who owned her heart!!!", the apparition yelled. Jack was intimidated by Will's words. He can't answer anything back. He knew he could never have her heart. He may have been only one step closer to tell her but didn't have the guts to say those four words aloud in front of her, "I LOVE YOU, FLORA".