Chapter 25

Wen Ning was almost sick with worry for the older pregnant Omega, seeing him so distressed earlier had struck him hard. It was crystal clear that Wei Wuxian was terrified by the idea of being discovered, especially by his bonded partner. The younger boy had no idea why at the moment but he wanted to ensure the safety of his brother-in-law and the baby. At this pace, the older boy's emotional distress could be fatal to both of them.

He was glad that he had managed to coax the Yunmeng Jiang disciple into trusting him. He could not overlook the sparkles in his eyes, the hopeful look he was giving him; Wen Ning's heart hurt for him. Tears started gathering in the Dafan Wen disciple's eyes, threatening to fall down.

When he was outside of the cave, he tried to collect himself, he could not let himself break down, Wei Wuxian needed him right now.

He guessed that in the condition the older boy was in, he could not have transported him too far, his donkey and all of his resources should be close. Because of his meagre reserves of spiritual energy and low cultivation, he could not head out and participate in the search like the others who used their abilities to the fullest.

Jiang Cheng did not want him to go alone, but Nie Huisang insisted that it was the only way. Wen Ning saw now just how true the Qinghe Nie disciple's assumption was; should Wei Wuxian had been found by someone he did not know or a group of people, he would have surely snapped endangering himself and the baby in the process.

A week of wandering in the wilderness of the Burial Mounds would have been too taxing for the younger boy alone. Faced with the Yunmeng Jiang sect leader's fierce opposition, Nie Huisang reasoned that everyone needed to go, except for Jiang Yanli of course, every person could mean a difference between life or death of the distressed pregnant Omega. Finally, he suggested that Wen Ning and himself should also participate in the search but should bring a means of transportation with them. Now his insight would be useful.

Wen Ning walked in a circle around the cave, looking for the creek. Once he heard the sound of water, he headed towards it; he should be able to find his way from there without much difficulty. He hurried, not wanting to let the other wait for him and stress himself out more than necessary. He suspected that even though Wei Wuxian seemed to have believed him, he would be counting every second, worrying endlessly whether his brother-in-law would come back at all.

He reached the creek soon enough, it was not far from the cave, and started looking for the place where he had left his ride while planning ahead: "What Young Master Nie had said seems to be right; Young Master Wei is completely out of his mind, scared of anyone and everyone. I wonder why he would reject even his husband... It surely has some connection with his previous life under Yu Ziyuan. What did she tell him that he is quite literally out of his mind? I fear the worst. I bet she told him something in a sense that he should never have any babies and that if he would, they would be taken away or something similar... She was trying to cover the fact that he was an Omega so it only makes sense that he could not become pregnant.

We need to convince him that that is not the case, he does not need to hide his true second gender anymore; although he seems to still be reluctant to share his secret with anyone else. Even during the wedding, I saw him doing his best to not let out his pheromones... I know I would definitely not be able to manage that, I was too happy and it was just a natural response. That only shows how deep he is still wounded and how long a way he still has in front of him."

He had finally found the place where his donkey was tied to a branch munching on its bridle in an attempt to get free. Wen Ning spared a long minute coaxing the stubborn animal to come with him. He was already worrying that he had been gone too long and imagining Wei Wuxian waiting for him in a mixture of hope and fear. He did not want to let him in uncertainty any longer and quickly headed back to the cave.

He was also thinking of all the others who were still looking for the Yunmeng Jiang sect head disciple: "Should I inform everyone that they can stop looking for Young Master Wei as I have found him? I would surely sooth their worries. But then again, I believe they would like to come see him immediately, and Young Master Wei is in no condition for it right now. Certainly not until he calms down enough to hear me out without freaking out and perhaps doing something rash in order to protect the baby.

But I have seen the state Young Master Lan was in before we all moved out. He was close to collapsing again due to exhaustion. I feel sorry for him for not saying anything about his fated soulmate being found... Then again, if he knew, he would be here in a heartbeat and Young Master Wei was especially fearful about him. What should I do?

I wish Young Master Nie would have thought about a situation like this and instructed us what to do... Perhaps I should send a letter just to him? With no specific location, just an information that I have found our friend. Perhaps Young Master Wei would actually be alright with Young Master Nie knowing where he is; he is Omega like us after all. That is a plausible plan, but... it would still mean betraying Young Master Wei's trust. Right now, I fear that doing that would push him over the edge...

I will try speaking with him and convincing him after he had a good meal and is calm. I am sure that he also does not want everyone to be worried about him. I can still send out the message in an hour or two, that would make no difference after searching for him for more than a month."

With a plausible plan in his head, Wen Ning's heart felt a bit lighter, although he was still hurting for both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji; they did nothing to deserve such hardships. Especially not the Yunmeng Jiang head disciple, not after everything he had already went though. The Dafan Wen disciple quickened his pace to reach his destination sooner.