Prologue

"Who really is y/n?"

If somebody had asked me this question a year ago, I wouldn't know how to answer.

One year ago, I was an introverted girl who didn't have much to say and was always an outsider. She never talked to people. She didn't really have friends. At school she spent every single lunch break in the library. She was small and helpless.

Into a world of supernatural, full of heroes and villains, she was born normal. Her small frame couldn't defend her body. She always felt powerless and undermined. She was quirkless, but she didn't like that word, she preferred words as mundane or simple. Because that was all she was, after all. A simple, boring, human being.

While growing up she was left an orphan. Her mother died giving birth to her. Her father loved her unconditionally, but as the years passed she resembled her mother more and more, rendering her dad unable to see her as y/n. In his mind she was becoming Lily. He eventually gave up on her. When she was 12 he took her to his sister, the pro hero Midnight, for a weekend, but little did her younger self know, her father would never come to pick her up.

He did send her postcards on Christmas and her birthdays but that was really it. As for her, she didn't cope well. It isn't that she didn't like her aunt, she loved her with all her heart and since she never had a mother, Kayama was the closest thing she had to one, she was practically raised by her. She never met her mother and the absence of her father was the final hit.

She had a serious mental breakdown when she was 13, she even tried to commit suicide. If it weren't for All Might, she wouldn't have survived. He had come over to their house, Kayama and him are good friends and they had just finished fighting a villain, so they were going to celebrate, since they had been trying to get him for a long time and he had managed to escape every single time before. Y/n admired All Might and she would always hug him and bombard him with questions the moment he stepped into their house, he saw her as his own daughter, after all.

But this time she didn't. All Might went into her room just to find her bathroom door locked. He called her name a couple of times and got worried. When he didn't get a reply, he smashed the door with his weight only to find the 13 year old's body, nearly alive, with deep cuts on both of her wrists. There was so much blood that a pool had formed in the bath all around her almost lifeless body. Almost.

All Might flied to the hospital where they saved her. She was home-schooled after the incident. She became cold and distant, didn't have the energy to talk to people unless they were worth it. It wasn't just a demeanor, she had truly changed because of it all.

After some time the doctors suggested her going to a public middle school to interact with her peers and find herself again. The joyful little girl had become cold-blooded and mean, her old kindness nowhere to be found.

Exactly a year after her luckily unsuccessful attempt, she had a win. It was small to her, but it was a win. And she needed that win. The once quirkless girl was now holding a powerful quirk, with so much potential that she could become a pro hero, could even beat the Number 1 hero, her idol. But in order for that to happen, she had to practice. A lot. And what's better for practice than a hero program, at the top school of Japan, U.A. Academy? She was a late bloomer and wasnt able to control her quirk well, but with the help of her new friends she could make it to the top.

Let me catch you up to speed.

——————————

Hello guys! After some time I managed to start a new story. I'm sorry to people who were reading my old ones, I just felt like they didn't represent my writing anymore.
This is a female reader x Bakugo Katsuki fan fiction.

The storyline is based on the anime series "My hero academia" by Kōhei Horikoshi. I do not own any of the characters, apart from y/n and some characters I may come up with in the future, who will be made by my imagination.

Basic stuff you need to know if this is your first time reading a fan fiction:

Y/n: your/name
L/n: last/name
N/n: nick/name
H/c: hair/color

If I come up with any other of these while writing the story I will update it on here.

Thank you for you time:) I hope you find my story interesting. If you like a chapter vote for it. If you find something funny or sad or got any joke to make, comment. I will see you all soon<3