Chapter 71.2 - Protagonist : What are you looking at?

"Your Highness, we have finally met again." Rachel finished her salute and noticed Xiu's bandages. "You're injured..."

"It's almost healed." Xiu glanced at the dead Banshee. "What's your relationship with that Banshee?"

"We were working with each other. She lured the other tower climbers out then we killed them." Rachel added: "When a tower climber dies, everything they damaged will be restored to their original condition and the undead will return to life and go back to their cities."

So that's how it is. With more and more tower climbers undergoing the trials, this simulation will soon be strained. This mechanic not only reduces the number of competitors, it can also clear a big piece of the map that had been occupied by other tower climbers.

Hearing Rachel say that the cities would be restored, Du Ze suddenly feared that once they saw that this was just an illusion created by the tower, they would feel numb when they invaded the realistic-looking cities. After returning to the Chaos Continent, will the tower climbers who have endured all this still look at real people the same way?

The Tower of God was slowly transforming the minds of the tower climbers. According to "Mixed Blood," the tower climbers are being carefully carved into the shape that the tower wants. The Demons gave away their mercy, received destruction; The Undead gave away their kindness, received deathlessness - In the beginning, the God of Creation told the eight races: "As long as you pay a price and give me something of yourself, you can trade a gift for it."

Du Ze stood frozen in place. Why didn't he realize this earlier? The dead god of light isn't the ultimate BOSS. The only person who can pose a threat to Xiu now is the extremely mysterious God of Creation - the creator of this world, the one who was there when "Mixed Blood" began and the one who will be there when "Mixed Blood" ends. Du Ze thought of the murals that he saw at the Time and Space Corridor then thought of the Tower of God that was slowly, step by step, executing its plan. He curled his hands into fists.

Building the Tower of God, setting these rules, inducing Xiu to destroy the world... is it you, the God of Creation?

"Are you feeling unwell?"

Du Ze snapped back to his senses and looked up into Xiu's eyes. This man always stares at Du Ze so intently that he notices even the slightest trace of discomfort.

"Do you know ... the God of Creation?"

Xiu was a little surprised by the sudden change in topic but he still seriously replied: "I've only heard a few legends. What's the matter?"

Due to the invisible force, Du Ze could not tell Xiu everything he had guessed. He could only say vaguely: "... Nothing, I was just a little curious about him."

Xiu grasped the back of Du Ze's neck in a comforting manner then went to Rachel to find out what happened to her team. After their separation, Rachel and the others entered the door of light and, unlike Du Ze and the others, found themselves in a huge steel city. The streets were full of machinery and mechanical puppets. Hearing Rachel's description, Du Ze felt that it was similar to the Gnome Ruins that he and Xiu had been to.

"There were a lot of circular plazas and each plaza required a mechanical part to activate. Those parts could be found in the bodies of six-star mechanical puppets. We spent half a month activating the plazas. In the center plaza we met the gnome god. The final part we needed was in his seven-star mechanical puppet. After some casualties, we were able to activate the final square," said Rachel.