Chapter 16.2 - Reader : I have not betryed you

It was only when Du Ze was rushing towards the city that he remembered that he had said “outside the city” without specifying exactly where they would meet. Outside the city was full rocks both high and low, how were they going to find each other?!

“Aha, you are here at last.”

The voice came from above. Du Ze looked up and saw the demon in green sitting on a rock, smiling earnestly. Dan agilely jumped, bowed to Du Ze, and said: “I waited a long time for you.”

Dan’s right hand held a book, like always. He clapped his hands, and from a nowhere a box appeared in his left hand. It was the same box that Du Ze had chosen from his stall.

“Your clothes are amazing,” Dan exclaimed. “May I ask how it was made?”

That is a cheat, you wouldn’t understand.

Seeing that Du Ze had no intention of speaking, Dan could only sigh with regret and give the box to him.

“This is the one you want.”

Du Ze took the box. The small gray box was very inconspicuous. No one could guess from the outside that there was a high level weapon in it.

As Du Ze looked at the box, Dan’s eyes seemed to sweep over a corner behind him. Dan’s smile became brighter.

“Do you want to get in touch with the City Lord to discuss a sale?”

Du Ze paused, since the box came from Dan, naturally Dan knew what was inside.

“The city Lord will be very happy to get such a rare breed.” Dan revealed an ambiguous smile. “You can get a lot of money, and even get the city Lord’s appreciation.”

Indeed, the demonic sword is a very precious artifact but somehow Du Ze felt like Dan’s words were quite strange though he couldn’t pinpoint exactly what was wrong.

“May I ask, when are you going to sell? Perhaps I could introduce you to the City Lord?” Dan suggested. “Or you can give ‘him’ to me first, and I can process the sale for you, that way the Lord won’t find out your identity.”

Du Ze was surprised. Dan seemed to have found out that he is a human and, in order, to prevent the City Lord from finding out, wanted to help him. Dan is such a good person? Du Ze once again recalled that in “Mixed Blood,” Dan was mysterious but he was always on the protagonist’s side. Du Ze hesitated but he had no money now, not even enough to pay the city’s entrance fee. Moreover, with his social barrier, it would be very hard for him to talk to the City Lord whose staple food was humans.

Therefore, Du Ze nodded. “Yes, help me to sell it.”

“Please don’t worry, I will surely get a good price.” Dan’s manner of speaking was exaggerated and he was grinning happily. “For sure, ‘he’ will never know that you betrayed ‘him’ and you will not be killed by the blood contract with ‘him’ -”

Du Ze was shocked, he couldn’t understand a thing that Dan was saying. He could only look helplessly as the green-clothed man knit his bros and looked behind Du Ze.

“It is a little mouse … Come out, I know you’re there.”

Du Ze turned to see what Dan was looking at then saw something he would never forget in his entire life – Xiu stood in the shadow of a large rock, Du Ze didn’t know long he had stood there. His face did not have the slightest expression, just like a dying animal. The brightly-colored eyes were cold, like hell’s deep springs that looked gentle but when touched would freeze a man to the marrow.

Du Ze was frozen by those eyes. He had never seen Xiu look at him with such eyes, even his heart was so cold he thought it had stopped beating.

Beside Du Ze, Dan had a regretful, helpless expression: “Ah, I was caught.”