Chapter 10.2 - Author : The space-time corridors of the past and future

The first mural depicted a group of creatures waiting in line to buy train tickets … Du Ze stopped himself from mentally joking around and began to seriously examine the mural. The painting is not abstract. He soon understood the content: A glowing person is on top, surrounded by glowing spheres. Each race is represented by a group of people and the leader of the angel race is in front of the glowing person, stretching out a hand to receive a ball of light.

Du Ze doesn’t understand but he feels that it’s very interesting. He looked at the second mural. It’s a group of birds in combat – *cough* – No, it’s a group of demons and angels fighting. The angels seem to be in trouble as the demons are much more numerous.

The third mural is divided into two halves. The lower half shows the demon race and on the top half is the angel race which has been joined by a group of elves. This time, the beautiful creatures with pointed ears are the most numerous.

Looking at these scenes, Du Ze had a feeling of deja vu, as though there is something that he should remember. But even though he tried, he simply couldn’t recall what it reminded him of. The cute reader decided to leave this vague feeling behind him and continue to look at more murals.

The fourth mural depicts the end of a battle. The defeated-looking elves were at one corner while opposite them were skeletons and zombies that were rising up from the battlefield.

The fifth was very modern and out-of-place, full of machines. Du Ze saw a group of giant robots with gnomes sitting on them. The robots were obviously being controlled by the gnomes and they were fighting the undead army.

When he saw this, Du Ze finally realized the truth: “This is the history of the world of ‘Mixed Blood’!”

In the historical setting of “Mixed Blood,” the chaotic continent has experienced seven eras of history. The first era was the war of the angels and demons. At first there was a stalemate, then the “destruction” talent of the demons slowly began to dominate. Finally, the elves joined the war and allied with the angels, driving back the demons to a corner of the mainland.

The angels were victorious, but they were weakened by internecine warfare, so the elves began to rise in prominence. That was the second era.

Then, due to the death of many powerful creatures who were turned into undead, the undead began to grow stronger. The elves could not resist the undead’s tactics and retreated into their forest to live in seclusion. That was the third era.

Then the fourth era began. For the undead who could turn living things into their allies, the gnome’s robots are their greatest nemesis. The gnomes wiped out the undead army and built up a huge mechanical empire. Then one day, the gnomes suddenly disappeared, the flourishing mechanical civilization declined, and the fourth era ended.

Next, the dragon race dominated the fifth era but they suddenly retreated to an island and were rarely seen on the continent.

The beastkin race began to expand their influence. That was the sixth era.

Now the world is in the seventh era. Each period of history has seen the rise and decline of a race. The seventh era is the time of the human race. The humans drove the beastkin into the wilderness and established three empires. The protagonist was born in a small town in the Empire of Light.

Du Ze continued walking down the corridor and, sure enough, the sixth mural showed a large number of Western dragons perched on a steel tower, their wings spread open to block the sun.

The seventh mural had various forms of beastkin but the shadow of a dragon can be seen in the horizon.

The beastkin in the eight mural is running away to a distant place while everywhere, humans are raising their shields and cheering.