Chapter 65.2 - Protagonist : I want to be with you forever

After they introduced themselves to each other, Heidi was somewhat puzzled that the demon who was a descendant of Bael had the same name as Xiu. Her eyes went back and forth between him and Du Ze but she wisely refrained from asking any questions. Heidi tossed her fluffy curls behind her shoulders and smiled at the group: "It's still a long time before dinner so please relax at the parlor. I have some information about the tower that I think you will find interesting."

Heidi explained the current situation. Because the tower was located in the Lost Land, everyone who is traveling to or from the tower must pass through the city of Agares. Due to the large influx of people, Heidi opened up the eastern side of the city and let people move freely. As a result of the geographical advantage, Heidi also collected a lot of information about the Tower of God.

"My advice is that people who are below the level of War God or Mage God should not try to climb the tower."

In the parlor, Heidi said to the crowd: "The tower is too dangerous. Around 40,000 people have entered the Tower of God; only a few of them survived and all of them failed. According to those people, every level of the Tower of God is a trial and only those who are at the level of War God or Mage God have the ability to pass the trials. Other people who try will most likely end up dead."

Hearing Heidi's words, Ariel and the demon sisters looked at each other. Compared to the others, their strength can only be described as weak. They would become a burden if they were to enter the tower. However, there was a person present who was weaker than them, a "combat noob" with a fighting capacity of negative five. This person was currently like a pet trying to escape from the arms of his owner but was completely unable to; he could only let the other person stroke the back of his neck as he stood there with an expressionless face.

Xiu seemed unconcerned about the problem of being held back by others and carelessly asked: "What kind of trials?"

Heidi shook her head: "Those people who went to the Tower of God have a taboo placed on them that makes them unable to speak about the trials. I am very sorry. I don't have that information."

Du Ze knew that Yi Ye Zhi Qiu had previously written an "Infinite Flow" novel. The novel was titled "Infinite Flow Tower." In the story, the protagonist and a bus driver accidentally fell into Atlantis. There was only a tower in that place and to return to their world they must climb the tower. Every floor of the tower is different and has strong guards, a BOSS, and mobs of many different levels. To go up a level the main character must find the stairs, which are limited in number. Thus, every day the protagonist must "play with the mobs, hide from the BOSS, and find the stairs" while occasionally having to deal with unreliable companions and human enemies.

Based on this summary, that is clearly the embryonic form of the Tower of God! Every floor of the Tower of God contains a trial. Du Ze can guess that the trails will be the usual routine of clearing mobs and killing the BOSS - that **** Yi Ye Zhi Qiu is simply too lazy so he probably re-used the previous setting. Du Ze did not think that he would be able to uncover spoilers but the plot of "Tower" might be useful.

Speaking of that book, Du Ze read the ending: The protagonist finally returned to the real world and lived happily with a group of friends. However, the readers know that the protagonist is still actually inside the tower - the main character will never be able to leave the tower since he has accepted that place as his reality.

... That is a BE (Bad Ending) disguised as a HE (Happy Ending), you ****er! From that time on, Yi Ye Zhi Qiu started to develop this type of bad habit. The silly, cute reader suddenly began to worry. The ending of "Mixed Blood" won't be like the ****ing ending of "Tower," right?!