Chapter 77.1 - The Tower of God : Fairy Illusion

Du Ze stared at his hand. It looked perfectly normal now.

"What happened to your hand?" Xiu's voice came from beside him. "You've been looking at your hand since yesterday."

Du Ze stretched out his hand. His fingers stroked across Xiu's palm then laced themselves through Xiu's fingers - he grasped Xiu's hand firmly, their ten fingers interlocked.

There was no transparency or white shadow. It was as though he had just imagined the sight yesterday.

Du Ze sincerely hoped that it was just his imagination or the instability of the portal. After all, his hand was only transparent for a moment right as they entered the hall and it restored itself to its normal appearance before anyone else noticed. Du Ze thought of a variety of reasons to ease his mind but the thought of the mural in the Time and Space Corridor made his blood freeze in his veins.

--You'll never find him!

Will he disappear?

Not taken away, not hidden away, but truly disappear from this world.

--So what if you become the Supreme God?! In the entire world - you're the only one left!

Du Ze's hold on Xiu's hand tightened. He impulsively blurted out: "..." Don't climb the tower anymore.

He could not speak the words. Du Ze's lips tightened. When he tries to speak the truth about the world or spoilers that may affect the future course of events, an invisible force silently lets him know: You are not the protagonist, you cannot dominate the story; you are not the author, you cannot change the story; you are the reader, you can only watch the story unfold.

Seeing Xiu's attention on him, Du Ze opened his mouth again but the only thing he could say was: "... We'll be on the fifth floor soon."

Xiu probably thought that Du Ze was just counting on his fingers so he nodded and smiled: "Well, let's go in and have a look."

Xiu led Du Ze into the door of light. As they were swallowed up by the light, Du Ze thought: Based on what he saw in the Time and Space Corridor, the person involved in his disappearance is undoubtedly the God of Creation.

He couldn't prevent Xiu from becoming a god, so he must immediately find out why he was going to vanish

Before he opened his eyes, Du Ze heard the rustling of the leaves in the wind, and felt that his feet were treading on a soft, spongy rug. Du Ze looked down and found that he was standing on thick, phosphorescent moss. Walking on the soft moss was very comfortable. Glowing spores floated in the air. Du Ze looked up at the big, round moon in the night sky then he automatically looked at his headphones' charge - the charge was the same as it was in the morning. Therefore, right now it should be morning but this simulation was set in the nighttime.

All around them was magical glowing mist that illuminated the area so that everything could be seen clearly. There were tall hedges that formed walls that stretched out as far as the eye could see. It seemed like they were at the entrance of a hedge maze. Opposite them was a sign that the others crowded around to read but only Ariel and Du Ze could understand the complicated and flowery writing.

It's the elven language.

[Dear Adventurer, this is a fairy illusion.