Chapter 38.2 - Protagonist : You will eventually come back with me

"Give him back to me." Xiu's voice was soft and sweet, but also creepy: "He is not someone you can touch."

"My student is not someone you can kill!" Anat suddenly spoke up as her magic informed her that he was the one who killed her beloved student. Anat stared at Xiu with extreme hatred while her bright red nails pierced the skin of Du Ze's chin. "Make your metal lumps leave! Or I'll rip his throat out!"

Xiu was silent for a while, then he clapped his hands and all the mechanical puppets retreated from the light barrier. Anat giggled at the Queen of the Elves. "Why are you afraid of him? This man is in our hands. He will not dare to act rashly!"

"Anat," said the Elf queen coldly, "I wish I had never met you."

"Oh? Are you sure, my dear queen?" Anat smiled nastily: "If not for me, your Tree of Life would be long gone."

Four of the 10 six-star mechanical puppets walked away, leaving the rest at the entrance of the altar. Xiu stood on Zaphion's shoulder and asked: "Is that a threat?"

Anat coldly hummed but the queen did not speak. She looked at the mechanical puppets guarding the entrance and her heart was very uneasy.

Xiu gazed at the elves. "Then I'll say this. If you don't give him to me, you will lose the Tree of Life now."

"Boom-"

From the lower part of the Tree of Life came a violent shock, as if someone was trying to uproot it. The force of the shock was so great that the elves' eyes showed horror. Xiu smiled.

"If he dies, I will bury the Tree of Life with him."

Before Xiu finished speaking, Anat had realized that the situation was bad, but she was still unable to stop the elves from taking Du Ze from her. Two elven War Gods held her back.

For the first time, the Queen of the Elves' face showed an expression. She shouted to the devil outside, horrified: "Stop it! We'll give him back to you in perfect and flawless condition!"

Xiu looked at this farce and patted Zaphion. The light in the mechanical puppet's eyes flashed as a message was transmitted, then the movement at the Tree of Life's roots stopped.

The queen almost collapsed on the ground. Simon brought over Du Ze, who was still in a coma. Anat watched as these events unfolded and she pointed out with a smile: "Do you really think that if you give him back that person he will let you all go? Don't be daft! I can see that he is a devil worse than I am!"

Although the elf queen did not respond to Anat's words, she was still affected. Staring at Xiu, she said: "You must swear to God or we will not believe you."

Xiu did not hesitate. "If you give him back to me, I will not use any means to harm the Tree of Life." Xiu lowered his head to think then smiled mysteriously. "I swear this by the god of light."

The elf queen saw a light descend on Xiu. This light showed that the god of light had recognized the vow. Anyone who violated an oath sworn to the god of light will be punished by the god. She breathed a sigh of relief, walked towards the center of the altar, and used a leaf to take a single drop of golden liquid. She then carefully poured it into Du Ze's mouth. Instantly, Du Ze's face became ruddy as he woke up.

Du Ze looked around him in confusion, but his sight were blurry as though he wasn't wearing his glasses. He took off the glasses to check if something was wrong before freezing. He could see everything clearly! His vision was better than ever before. Opposite him was Xiu, and Du Ze could even see his reflection in the gnome's eyes. Though his reflection was tiny, it filled Xiu's eyes so that there was no room for anything else.