Chapter 59.1 - Protagonist : How can a person become a god?

The blood contract beast slowly vanished into thin air and Xiu pressed on Muir's neck, letting him know that they should land.

The moment the black dragon landed, the long dragon spear pierced the chest of the desert bandit. The others could only watch in horror as the bandit who had trampled Du Ze became similar to a burst balloon. The bandit magically aged until his body was dried out. Finally, the bandit decayed into dust that was blown away by the desert wind. No blood was shed because the man on the dragon's back had the same idea - that person's clothes should not be stained with blood.

The desert bandits were in disarray. The black-turbaned leader dropped Nina and turned to flee, but the black dragon murmured the words of a spell which made an invisible force press down on them. The bandits were only able to run a few steps before the pressure forced them down on the sand, unable to even breathe. The black-turbaned bandit could not move. He watched as the Dragon Knight dismounted and gently picked up the black-haired youth, acting like a man who just recovered a treasure. When the blond youth looked at him, the black-turbaned bandit knew that his end was near.

"Quicksand burial."

Hearing Xiu chanting a spell, Du Ze spat out a mouthful of sand and hurried to cry out: "Don't - cough - don't kill that - cough - fox!"

At first Xiu did not understand the meaning of "fox," but then he saw Nina's fox ears and tail and understood that Du Ze was referring to the beastkin girl. Xiu never rejected any of Du Ze's requests so he excluded Nina from the spell.

The giant magic spell in the land of wind and dust was very powerful. The desert bandits' struggles were futile as they sought to escape the sand underneath that was devouring them. The bandit wearing the black turban's heart turned into ashes - such a potent spell was cast with just a few words; the man they had offended was not just a Dragon Knight but also a Mage God.

As the quicksand swallowed him up, the bandit in the black turban was still wondering: Why did they find the black-haired young man carrying a fox beastkin?

By the time Du Ze had finished wiping the sand from his glasses, all he could see was empty desert - all the desert bandits were gone. Nina, sitting on the sand, looked at the scene with horror. Du Ze felt something heavy on his head but it was just Xiu's hand that was helping him to remove the sand in his hair.

"I always seem to lose you ..."

Xiu's voice was almost a sigh, heavy with worry. Du Ze looked at Xiu and said earnestly: "That was an accident and you can always find me."

When he heard Du Ze's words, Xiu's mood seemed to lift a little. He grabbed the back of Du Ze's neck and said, as though he was joking: "If I lose you again, next time I'll make a cage and lock you up, how about that?"

Du Ze nodded tolerantly.1 The corners of Xiu's mouth turned up in a smile.

Nina was totally unable to describe this sight. She just felt that the golden-haired man was terrifying. When the human riding the black dragon appeared, Nina thought that it was the god of death descending. The blond man's overpowering killing intent and the black dragon were extremely frightening. But when the man was standing with Du Ze, Nina saw that he was a handsome young man with a gentle smile whose dazzling blond hair was like the sun that dispelled all evil, not a ghastly death god.

Why was there such a difference? Nina looked at Xiu and Du Ze; it seemed to her that the two were taboo: something that can't be spoken about or touched.