Chapter 49.1 - Protagonist : Don't touch him

The audience was shocked when a group of people knelt down to show respect to Du Ze. Some silly, cute person was unable to maintain his usual glamorous, lofty image. Du Ze asked: "Aren't you talking to the wrong person?"

"I would never mistake you for anyone else." Eric looked up at Du Ze. His blue eyes clearly reflected the shadow of Du Ze. "Evil is raging in the Chaos Continent and God sent his messenger who has hair and eyes black as the night. He will arrive in the Gnome Ruins. Only when God's messenger returns can the Chaos Continent be saved - that was the oracle of Bright, the god of Light."

Du Ze immediately felt that Light God's con man skill level is maxed, not to mention that the god's oracle can use sensational language to great dramatic effect!

"I found you at the Gnome Ruins but I was separated from you for a variety of reasons. The god of light will never abandon his followers, so I finally found you again." Eric placed his right hand on his chest, over his heart, and the knights of the Temple of Light behind him copied the movement. "We finally found Your Excellency, God's Messenger. Your Excellency, God's Messenger, you will show us the way."

Du Ze very decisively stated: "You've made a mistake, I am not that person."

What's this? Trying to promote this Moe cannon fodder character into the miniBOSS?! Who would agree to that?

"Your Excellency, you are God's Messenger!" When he heard Du Ze flatly refuse his assertion, Eric looked anxious. He stretched out his hand and seemed to want to grab Du Ze's clothing but, suddenly, he drew back his hand. A cold, bright light flashed and, despite his speed, something made a hole in the Son of God's hand.

A weapon, stained with the blood of the Son of God, was stuck point-first on the wall. It was the weapon competition's number 99 sword. Everyone's eyes were drawn to the silver-haired elf who had thrown the sword. The elf's eyes were even colder than the light of the sword.

"Don't touch him!"

Eric held his bleeding hand and stared at Xiu - The elf is clearly a stranger but that person gave him a familiar, unforgettable feeling, like anger erupting when one touched that which should not be touched. It was exactly like that time in the Gnome Ruins when the flaxen-haired gnome expressed intense hostility.

He's not someone you can touch.

All of a sudden, the silver-haired elf summoned a white unicorn. Xiu mounted the unicorn then immediately went to Du Ze and lifted the black-haired youth onto the horse's back. The unicorn trembled but finally managed to maintain its posture and did not change its form. Xiu held on tightly to Du Ze, coldly glanced at Ulrich and Eric, then urged the unicorn to jump up, ready to leave this place.

"God's Messenger!" Eric shouted.

The unicorn jumped up and, in the time it takes to take one breath, it reached the ceiling. The spiral horn on its forehead lit up and tore open the ceiling as easily as though it was paper. The bright sunlight shone down as chaos reigned below them. Everyone fled in a panic to avoid the falling rubble. Seeing this, Eric couldn't chase after them right away. He chanted a light magic spell to shield the people from harm.

The ceiling was broken but the unicorn could not go further because a shield of light covered the entire place, stopping Xiu from leaving with Du Ze. Xiu followed the magic to its source with his eyes and saw Vivian who was in the VIP area.