Chapter 91.2 - Reader : This world is a novel

Du Ze didn't understand what he meant but the God of Creation continued his narrative: "Where should I start... let's start from the beginning. What do you know about the God of Creation?"

"... The God who created the world." The question was simple so Du Ze gave an equally simple answer.

When he heard Du Ze's answer, the expression on the God of Creation's face changed, but the complex emotions that flitted through his face were hard to describe. "In the beginning, I thought so, too: I am the God who created this world and all things were made by me. I never doubted it until one day I saw a birth. In a pool of her own blood, a beastkin struggled until she gave birth to two sons then died. Seeing this, I thought that, compared to me, these creatures are too weak. Just to create new life, they must exhaust their own life force. Because of this, I wanted to create a new mother for those two young beastkin. This should be easy for me since I created everything in the world."

The God stopped speaking.

Du Ze was confused when he saw the expression on the God's face. He had a glimmer of an idea: could it be ...

"I couldn't do it." The Creator was depressed as he narrated: "I could resurrect the beastkin but I couldn't create a new beastkin. I am the God of all Creation but I couldn't create just one creature - isn't that absurd? This scared me and I tried to remember how I created this world. Do you remember when you were a baby? You can't, right? It was like that for me. My memories of my earliest days are blurry, as if I was born when I created the world. That's fine for other people but I am the Creator of this world, the source of everything that exists."

The God took a deep breath and seemed to be suppressing some dark emotion. "It was then that I realized that although I was the Creator, I had no memory of the process of creating this world; I just thought that this world was what I created. To prove this fact or to disprove it, I began to try to create the world again - the reverse side of the Chaos Continent is my unfinished work."

The reverse side of the continent was made by this ****er! Du Ze realized that this was a case of "For the sins of your fathers you, though guiltless, must suffer." Thinking of that time when he had to run from the black rain, some silly, cute person wanted to punch this person in the face.

I'm not asking you to make an idyllic Garden of Eden but, at the very least, you should get rid of those elemental storms that rage about like naughty children destroying everything in their path! OMG!

The God didn't notice Du Ze's inner turmoil and went on: "I said that I 'created' the reverse side, but the truth is that I didn't really create it out of nothing. All I did was to move elements from one side of the Chaos Continent to the other. Then I used magic to compress those elements into new shapes - something that even the minor gods can do. That was when I found out that I was just a more powerful version of those minor gods, not the Creator of this world."

The God gazed at Du Ze. "If it was you, how would you feel?"

If he was the God, Du Ze thought that his reaction would have been to think that he had been brainwashed and that all of his memories were false.

The Creator didn't wait for Du Ze to answer. It looked as though the God had been suppressing these feelings for so long that all he wanted was for someone to listen to him. "I began to doubt my own existence. In order to find out the truth about myself, I searched the Chaos Continent for clues and found something terrible: everything in the Chaos Continent that has consciousness - dead or alive - see me as the God of Creation and feel awed."