Chapter 66.2 - Protagonist : Who are you thinking of?

On the second day, Du Ze met Heidi as soon as he went out. The demon looked a little surprised by the "undamaged" Du Ze.

Heidi rubbed her red lips and whispered: "He didn't use it?"

Du Ze's face stiffened when he understood her question. He glared bitterly at the accomplice (Heidi) and the principal offender (Xiu) then headed to the dining room - some silly, cute person was messed with until he almost vomited blood. The pain from last night's ointment and his 0-point restore are not things he can talk about.

Heidi watched the black-haired youth walk away with a cold face then looked at the radiant demon. "He is... angry?"

"Just shy," Xiu said. He laughed happily, his purple eyes glittering in the morning sunlight.

This is really a sad story.

After breakfast in the dining room, Heidi led the crowd to the eastern side of Agares city. Du Ze once again saw the fortress of Agares City. The last time he was here there was a strict inspection; only those with passes were allowed through. This time the fortress gate was wide open. With one glance a person can see the Death Swamp. Anyone can pass through the gate unimpeded.

Xiu, with Du Ze in tow, took the lead in entering the Death Swamp. The Death Swamp's name now seems unsuitable because of the countless creatures gathered in the swamp. The popularity of the place even dispersed the swamp's fog so that people can now see the Lost Land in the distance, as well as the Tower of God. As they walked Du Ze saw all kinds people mingling with each other, though most of them seemed to have formed small teams of 5 people. Some people looked like they wanted to chat with Xiu but gave up their plan to entice him to join their teams when they saw the uniforms of the Thunder Regiment behind him.

In addition to the people who were obviously going to the tower, there were a lot of merchant stalls. There were even some pubs. It seems that there were a lot of folks who came simply to do business. Du Ze stared silently at a stall. The owner of the stall put down the book in his hand and laughed in a very annoying way.

"I was wondering when Your Excellency would come," said Dan, grinning. The stall in front of him was full of large and small boxes. "The Tower of God is very dangerous. Do you want to choose some equipment for self-defense?"

"Not interested."

"Hey hey, don't go." Seeing Xiu and the crowd behind him walking away, Dan was depressed and called out: "I have some information that you will certainly need."

Xiu stopped and watched as Dan quickly ran over to him. The merchant's stall automatically rolled itself up like a carpet and followed behind its master. Dan came to Xiu, his eyes moving back and forth between him, Old John, and the other members of Xiu's group.

"Do not bring too many followers with you when you enter the first floor. Five is the limit. If that limit is exceeded, the Tower of God will increase the difficulty of its trials. It is said that a general brought an army with him and the result was that all of them were wiped out at the first level. However, after the first level there is no limit; you can freely recruit as many followers as you like but you have to be able to meet with them."

(TN: Reminder - People are randomly teleported into different places when they enter the tower.)

Although Dan is a slimeball, his words do have a certain credibility. Du Ze admired the tower's anti-cheating system that completely ruined the plans of those who were going to use that tactic. The demon sisters and Ariel were uneasy because, along with Du Ze, their strength was the weakest.