Chapter 17.2 - Protagonist : He is mine

The Halphas City Lord looked covetously at the small Xiu. The pointed ears, half hidden in his flaxen hair, showed that he is a gnome. This is a member of the ancient race, the legendary people who created a mechanical civilization! With the gnome by his side, he won’t have to worry that he won’t become stronger.

When his eyes finally rested on the tattered figure of Du Ze, the Lord’s eyes narrowed and he asked: “Dan, tell me, who is he?”

“That is a subordinate of the gnome, an insignificant human.”

“Human!”

The Lord was irritated. He hates humans but the taste of human flesh is indeed unusually good. At the thought of that delicious taste, the Lord unconsciously licked his lips. His eyes as he looked at Du Ze became hot. The humans live on the other side of the continent, therefore there are not many of them here. He has not eaten a human meal for a long time.

“Take them away.”

After hearing the order of the Lord, the demons looked at each other, then Moses came forward. He cautiously approached Du Ze and Xiu – here is a gnome, a type of enemy that he has never fought before.

Du Ze saw the meat mountain shouting. When a demon jumped down and walked towards them in an obviously threatening, unfriendly manner, Du Ze thought that things were not good, especially since Xiu was in gnome form.

The enemy is a group of powerful demons, and what we have here is a team made up of a feeble human loser and a seriously injured gnome who specializes in life skills … Do you really want to be this cruel?! They were facing demons, the race with the strongest individual powers!

In “Mixed Blood,” combat can be divided into categories depending on the number of foes: individual strength, war band (group) strength, army strength, and siege strength (when attacking a city). The demons are the strongest individually; the beastkin have the strongest war band strength; the undead have the strongest armies; while the dragonkin are the strongest at attacking a city. The other races have different characteristics. Du Ze is fortunate to be able to experience the attack power of a member of the race with the strongest individual combat capabilities …

Du Ze glanced at the gnome beside him. Clenching his teeth, he opened the box – gnomes are not good at magic or melee, they are craftsmen. Therefore, Du Ze has to step up and protect the protagonist. He will try to use the artifact. The sword might take control of him, but with his 0-point restore, he should be able to return to normal.

Moses stopped moving when he saw the box open. Everyone marveled as the box split into pieces and a small black whirlpool materialized. The sword slowly appeared: first the tip, then the blade, and finally, the scarlet handle. The weapon fell from the box and cut into the hard ground. Its slender blade had a silver red glow that was hard to look away from.

The Lord’s eyes lit up. It wasn’t just him – all of the assembled demons’ eyes glittered with greed. This is a good sword, it might even be … a magical artifact.

Du Ze grasped the handle of the sword but this action made Moses rush towards him, ignoring the gnome for now.

So quick! Du Ze realized the difference between him and the fighters of this world. He had not even seen Moses move until the demon arrived in front of him. The next moment, Du Ze’s neck was struck. The pain was intense, as though his vertebra was about to break.