Chapter 41.2 - Author : Only a pure person can touch a unicorn

The clatter of hooves came nearer and Du Ze watched as Xiu, riding a unicorn, came to him. The sun covered Xiu with a layer of light and the silver-haired elf sitting on the white unicorn gazed silently at him, a vision so holy that he would not dare to blaspheme.

Du Ze gazed uneasily at the unicorn. It looked like a large white horse with a spiral horn on top of its head. Its mane was pure white. As Du Ze looked at it, the unicorn became increasingly irritable and restless, pawing its hooves and swinging its tail. It looked like it wanted to retreat, but it was firmly under Xiu's command and could only obediently stay where it was. When Du Ze reached out to touch its spiral horn, the unicorn reacted with extreme fear. Blue flames burst forth and covered its hooves, mane, and tail as it suddenly turned into a nightmare.

This creature that has two forms, unicorn and nightmare, is one of Xiu's pets. Of all the pets in Xiu's stable, the unicorn/nightmare's fighting abilities are not on par with the Phoenix and Cerberus, but it is the fastest mount. In addition, it has a special characteristic - only a pure person can touch a unicorn ... pure person ...

Although he knew that spiritual beasts always react negatively to him, but when he thought of the legends regarding the unicorn's nature, Du Ze was silent - ah, ****, why did you react that way? Are you saying that this young man is not pure?!

Xiu patted the nightmare's neck, and made it kneel down. He reached out a hand to Du Ze: "Come on up."

Du Ze could have sworn that he saw despair and shock in the eyes of the nightmare, as though it was going to be carried off by a scoundrel. It looked at Du Ze then looked at Xiu and bowed its head gloomily, as if saying "he is annoying, you are indifferent."

The annoying Du Ze angrily mounted the horse and sat on the saddle with the indifferent, heartless Xiu.

The nightmare stood up ponderously and began to run toward the Tree of Life. Its burning hooves flew over the lake, making ripples form, but they did not sink down into the water. Since this mount could disregard the law of gravity, it stepped on the leaves of the Tree of Life and jumped up higher and higher until it reached the top. Du Ze felt as though his teeth were going to break, not just from the jolting ride, but also from the nightmare's trembling.

When Du Ze climbed down from the nightmare, it was hard to tell which one of the two poor creatures was more relieved. The nightmare ran away the instant Du Ze dismounted. Du Ze looked at the mount that had just left, feeling lonely. He missed the trembling little chick, that baby Fire Phoenix. The longing was so intense that he even imagined that he could hear the little chick's tender cry.

"Chirp."

... Wait, it's not an illusion?

Some stupid, cute person looked at the direction of the chirping and his face was painfully struck by a small, fluffy animal. The little chick was in the middle of his face and cheerily crying out: "Chirp! Chirp~"

Du Ze stretched out his thumb and forefinger and picked up the aggressive fluff ball from his face. The little chick that was grabbed by Du Ze spread its wings and continued to act cute: "Chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp~"

This familiar, silly, acting cute attitude - it's unmistakably that cute Phoenix. Du Ze looked at the little fluff ball this way and that, speechless. Hadn't this grown up? Why did it become a chick? How did it return to its appearance from before he returned from the Wheel of Time?!