Chapter 12.2 - The way i grabbed people must be wrong!

Bone dust showered Du Ze's face. The shockwave blew him off his feet. He rolled several times until he hit the bottom of the pyramid. He struggled to get up and, when he saw what had happened, Du Ze's blood ran cold.

The female's meter and a half-long and two inches wide sword was thrust into Xiu's waist. Most of it was now behind his back. Black blood was dripping down before evaporating. Even with such a grievous injury, Xiu's eyes were still bright, the blue soul flames blazing. The Lich used his body to hold the sword in place. He did not hesitate. Summoning a spirit of despair, the Lich put his hand on her forehead - the summoned spirit will rend her mind and destroy her utterly.

However, the grey spirit just flowed out from the female soldier's head. Xiu's face was pale. Looking at the unaffected female soldier, he said, voice low and grating, "... Puppet."1

"You found out?" Flandal walked over to Xiu and stood beside him, patting the female soldier proudly. "This is my best work, Mia."

Mia heard Flandal's praise and smiled shyly. Looking at her, who would believe that this lively woman warrior is just a mechanical puppet?2 The plague magic wouldn't affect her and the Lich can't rip out her soul because she has no soul at all. Inanimate machines have always been the bane of the undead.

Xiu suddenly stretched out his hand to try to attack Flandal but Mia was wise to his tricks and pulled out the sword. Once the sword was withdrawn, Xiu could not hold on and fell to his knees, coughing up black blood. Flandal paused and stared at the black blood that was quickly vaporizing.

A drop of black blood flew past him.

Flandal's power forced a drop of blood to take shape and fly towards his palm. He cautiously took the drop of blood, put it near his nose, and sniffed. The next moment, the small figure trembled in excitement.

"This is the scent of gnome! 30,000 years! I'm Flandal, I didn't expect to see my fellow countryman again. The father did not abandon the gnome -"

Flandal was thrilled, looking at Xiu as though he was a long-lost relative, saying "I am Flandal Steelskin, the gnome's god of forging! What is your relationship with the gnomes?"

Xiu was silent, refusing to respond. His dim, gloomy eyes were hostile. Flandal didn't care about Xiu's resentment but he frowned at the death aura that was wrapped around Xiu's body. "Your undead aura is too strong."

Under the angel's disbelieving gaze, Flandal bit his finger, squeezed out a drop of red-gold blood, and placed it in the struggling Xiu's eye.

Once the red-gold blood was absorbed by Xiu's body, Flandal gestured at Mia to let go of Xiu.

The Lich fell to the ground and curled up in pain. Xiu felt as though hot magma had been poured into his body. He felt full, as if he was going to explode. The pain began to paralyze his mind and his vision blurred. The whole world seemed to sway left and right and lurch up and down.

What he didn't know was that the world really was shaking. The metal pyramid, which had stood silent for thousands of years, began to awaken. It had restructured itself. The tip of the triangle was gone; the pyramid turned into a trapezoid and revealed its interior. A straight path leading inside appeared.

Jolted by the shaking of the earth, Flandal couldn't believe what was happening. "Why is it activated?"

"How could anyone, apart from the gnome race, activate it -"

The only one unaffected was Xiu who was writhing in pain.

The pain was incredible, as if his body was being torn apart. It was similar to when he had been captured by the Temple of Light's knights, when the nail had pierced his body and his flesh and blood melted away. It wasn't just the pain of the body, but also the feeling of despair when he had been abandoned by everyone. He opened his eyes in a trance and looked around hopelessly. He didn't know what he wanted to see. Daniel poised to attack? Enoch's3 ice-cold glare? Rose's panic-stricken gaze?