Chapter 49.2 - Protagonist : Don't touch him

Eric jumped down to the dragon's claw. Du Ze was going to speak to him when a blood-stained hand covered his mouth. Xiu, leaning on Du Ze's shoulder, said in a voice that sounded weak but determined: "Don't talk to him."

Your injury.

As if Xiu heard the words in Du Ze's heart, his scarlet lips curved up slightly in the hint of a smile. He looked at Eric who was opposite him then at Ulrich above him.

"Do you think this will kill me?"

In this place where the music of light was playing, a black discordant note sounded.

Eric was shocked and, his brain blank, he instinctively rushed up to separate Du Ze from the Lich who was surrounded by a death aura.

Xiu jumped down the dragon's claw and landed in the VIP area. Princess Kelly look at the Lich beside her. Her eyes widened and she screamed shrilly: "Stop gawking at it! Kill it quickly!"

Xiu raised his eyes. An inverted image of Princess Kelly was reflected in them - this person hasn't changed a bit.

The Lich has already mended his heart but though the wound is no longer fatal, it has made him weak. The soul flames in his eyes were dim. He needs to feed on a soul.

The Lich looked at the princess as if he were looking at food that was not tasty but was unusually filling.

"Stop!"

Ulrich swung the sword and cut into Xiu's body but the Lich just looked at it with indifference and began to extract Princess Kelly's soul. Everyone was afraid to step in and stared at the Lich's fingertips where a soul gradually appeared. If the Lich should move a finger, the fragile soul will be torn apart.

Princess Kelly felt her body getting colder and her fear of death made her start to cry. How could she die? She was the Princess of the Light Empire. How could such a noble lady die at the hands of the undead?

Vivian looked at the undead Lich who was extracting Princess Kelly's soul. The dark death aura was exactly the same as she had seen that time. That black-robed undead that she had hunted, his name was-

"... Xiu?"

That name was the last thing that Princess Kelly ever heard.

The soulless, empty shell of the princess fell down on the ground. No one had time to stop it. The Lich swallowed the soul of Princess Kelly and his death aura became stronger and stronger until it was almost solid. Ulrich suddenly felt a strong pressure and he drew back the sword, staring at Xiu with bewilderment.

"The undead ... Mage God?"

Xiu looked coldly and gloomily at Eric and Du Ze. Holding Qian Bian, he changed it into the death scythe and began to chant a magic spell. Eric was stopped by Du Ze while Ulrich retreated. Only Vivian tried to stop Xiu but the Cerberus sprang in front of her, its six eyes staring at the Saint.

An enormous black magic array formed in the air in response to Xiu's chanting. Feeling a tickle, the golden dragon suddenly became irritated. The dragon raised his head high, opened his mouth, and breathed a white-gold flame at the array.

The black magic array hung in the air for a moment longer before it was scattered by the flame. The golden dragon had not had time to close its mouth when the magic array appeared again. Suddenly, a huge bone dragon emerged from a portal and pounced ferociously on the golden dragon.