Chapter 8

The girls were making such a drama about everything that happened and I was constantly being watched, which I absolutely hated.

I appreciated their worry, but it was a little too much. I was fine, nothing happened.

I mean, we could all sit and cry because something could’ve happened, but spilled milk isn’t worth crying, right?

But, something definitely changed about me. I was more and more thinking about Harry, he was always present in my thoughts and he was even appearing in my dreams.

I haven’t heard from him since that morning when I discovered that he slept over. Thanks to Perrie, I knew they were having some gigs in USA .

Much to my dismay, I haven’t heard anything new about Harry and it was bothering me a lot. I was constantly in a bad mood and I could hardly blame anyone for that.

One day I went to my old house, to visit mum and Karl. It was a refreshing thing in my life and the moment I saw my mother, I immediately felt better. Mum was always able to bring the best out of me.

After having lunch and tea with mum and me, Karl left the two of us alone. I was just finishing my tea, when I noticed that my mum was upset.

“Is something wrong, mum?” I asked, my heart beating faster. Since I didn’t have a father, my mum meant world to me. Anything that could bother, scare or make her unhappy would upset me immediately.

“It’s just … I’m worried about you, Jadey.”

“About me? Why?” I asked, shocked.

“What’s going on, sweetie? I know that something’s wrong. I can feel it. Plus, you’ve been so moody these days, I mean more than usual.” my mum placed herself near me on the couch and gently touched my hair.

My first idea was to deny it all. Or to make up something. But, after everything we’ve been trough, to lie now about this irrelevant thing?

After telling my mum everything from the beginning, I felt much better. Mum understood my worries and concerns.

“You know what, Jadey? I think that Harry’s a really nice guy under all those layers. It’s not just that he wants to be cool and funny, it’s also his way of defending himself, protecting himself from the world. From my experience, he seems like a person who’s been suffering a lot in life.”

“But he’s literally living a teenage dream! What could he possibly want more? I doubt there’s a single girl on this planet who doesn’t love him, he’s incredibly rich, he’s talented, he has a great family, 4 amazing bestfriends, etc.”

“Jade, you’re forgetting about something. He had a life before One Direction, you know? A lot of stuff could’ve happened then.” mum said wisely.

“What could’ve possibly happened that influenced on him so much, mum?” my mum was a bright and insightful woman and her theory was pretty logic.

“Somebody’s death, family issues, divorce. I read somewhere in the magazine that his parents split up when he was really young.”

“You know what’s interesting? Gemma’s not like him at all. If you’re right, it should have affected her, as well. I met her once mum, she’s such a positive and beautiful person. And I rarely say that for anyone.”

“We’re all different, honey. It’s the same with you and Karl, he’s an extrovert and he always comes to me or his best mates when he has a problem, but you’re an introvert and you never talk about your problems. You just keep it inside of you, until it eats you of. “