Chapter 18

“Baby, are you ok? What happened?” I felt somebody’s arm on my back. I raised my head and saw Jesy.

“Yeah, I’m fine. But I need to go and find Harry. If I’m not back in 10 minutes, go home without me.” I squeezed her hand and ran. I was hoping I could catch him, even though he was really fast, since he was working out a lot and all.

While I was running to the exit, I knew I made up my mind. Yes, this all scared me a lot, because I have no idea what has he done or how bad that might be. But I also know that for this short time, Harry has been the loveliest guy on the Earth.

He cares about me and he trusts me. He didn’t leave me alone when I needed him the most. That’s why I won’t leave him now.

I was on a parking lot within seconds and I was turning around myself, trying to catch a glimpse of Harry or his car. I almost gave up, when I saw him.

“Harry!” I shouted as loud as possible. When he didn’t move, I ran again. I was just getting closer when I noticed he had been moving, I just didn’t see it.

It seemed like Harry lost his control. He was behind the club, where the rubbish was left. When I got closer, I could hear him heavily breathing in and out. His chest were rising and falling fast as he squeezed his fists.

Then, faster than I blinked he moved and kicked one of the garbage bins. And he didn’t stop. I was watching him, rage carrying his body and mind and just thinking how I have a chance to see him at his worst.

Can I deal with this? I know nothing about his past. Again, I thought about leaving, but then I remembered Gemma’s behaviour. She was mean to him, reminding him of something he obviously wanted to forget and hurting him even more. Sisters don’t do that. And this Cutie Mix is not going anywhere.

He kicked the wall with his fist when I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I leaned my forhead on his muscly back. “Harry, please stop! Please Harry, do it for me!” I begged not moving from my position.

I knew I wasn’t strong enough to move him from that wall – all I could do was convince him with my words. I could tell he was surprised that I found him, but power of his rage was too much and right now he wasn’t able to think about anything else.

His palms were on the wall, but he didn’t move. At least he stopped. I felt his hand on mine. “Jade ... Why did you follow me? I didn’t want you to see me like this.” his voice was exhausted, dead.

“Well, I did and now when I finally saw you at your worst ...” I started, but he interrupted me.

“You think this is me at my worst?” he wanted to turn around, so I removed my hands. I was afraid to let him turn around. Afraid of what I could possibly see on his face.

I have to say I was expecting some kind of a madness in his eyes, but all that I saw was one hurt, deeply hurt boy. Somebody killed and wounded this boy so much he couldn’t even take it.

He didn’t even have to tell me what happened – his face expression was saying it all. He suffered a lot and he had to hide it with jokes, drink and bad mood. His agression is the only way he can release that pain, that enormous pain that he’s been feeling for a long time. He doesn’t know about any other way.

I could feel the pain in my chest growing. My heart ached because of this boy. Why did someone hurt him? He was beautiful, inside and out. People wouldn’t know that on the first look, but he had so much to offer.

I felt tears in my eyes, but I quickly blinked to prevent myself from crying. I hated to cry and this wasn’t a good time, either.

“Jade, don’t cry. I won’t hurt you. I would never hurt you.” he obviously thought I got scared of him.