Chapter 11

“Guys, for how long are we going to walk? It’s been hours since we rented the equipment. “ Leigh-Anne complained, as usual.

“Leigh, it’s not been hours – we’ve been walking for hour and a half.” I corrected her, looking at map that was given to us when we were signing form and renting the equipment.

I was the only one in the group who was good with orientation, so I was doing my best to not get lost and to stay on the right path.

In this camp, there was a rule that tents could be put up in just 3 marked zones.  I was trying to get us to the nearest one.

“Whatever, I can’t walk anymore, my feet are wounds!” since the moment we began walking in order to find one of the 3 zones and put up a tent, Leigh didn’t stop complaining.

Either she was hungy, thirsty, hot, tired, in ache etc. I love Leigh, but sometimes she is just such a tough person.

I was holding a map in my left hand and in the other one, a compass. I was doing fine, but I needed to be concentrated. I’m just going to say that Leigh wasn’t helping, at all.

“And it is so hot! I’m literally melting! My hair is sticked to my neck and my make-up is all over my face!”

I was too close to kill her and leave her in the woods. Seriously.

“Oh Leigh, stop complaining! It’s a beautiful day, try to enjoy a little bit.” said Perrie.

“Yeah and why did you put make-up? You knew we were going on camping, not on a fashion runway or something.” Jesy joined her.

“Because I wanted to look pretty! What if we meet up some of our fans? I don’t want them to see me without make-up or with my natural hair. I don’t know what’s worse of that two.”

Nobody said anything after this, ‘cause we all knew that Leigh had major problems with her look when she was younger. She used to be bullied a lot and reffered to ugly.

“Jadey, are you ok?” Perrie asked me.

“Yes. I think we’re close.” I replied.

“Thank God, I’m starving.” Leigh said, somewhere behind me.

“But, you ate 20 minutes ago!”

“How can I not be hungry Jesy, when all we’re doing is walking?! My organism is exhausted!”

“Your organism is annoying.” Jesy said in a very serious tone and I couldn’t help it, but laugh. She was rarely sarcastic, but when she was – it was hilarious.

After another hour of walking, we finally made it. We were on the end of the 2nd zone, but it was only important that we found it.

After relaxing for 20 minutes and eating something, I suggested that we should put up a tent, before it gets darker.

Little did I know, that it will take us 45 minutes to put up the damn tent and after all our hard work it was still slanted.

“It looks more like a napkin than like a tent.” Jesy noticed, while she was circling around it, to see if we did something wrong.

“I can’t believe this! You drag me to this stupid camping trip and know neither of you doesn’t know how to put up a tent properly!” Leigh said, eating her third sandwich. Not to mention that our little diva didn’t even try to help.

“Look, I don’t have strength to put up a tent again. It is how it is. Who’s fine with it – sleep in the tent tonight, who’s not – sleep outside. It’s your choice.” I said, gasping.