Chapter 33

We’ve been packing for more than one hour and by “we” – I meant me packing all our stuff and Harry going around, whining because of the packing and annoying me.

“Harry, what are you doing?” I shouted from the bedroom when I heard a yell from the living room.

“Trying to change a channel. Batteries in this remote are dead.” he shouted back and I heard another sharp sound.

“You won’t change a channel by yelling at TV or throwing the remote around.” I replied as I closed my suitcase.

I was a perfectionist (Harry called it OCD) and everything had to be packed just as I imagined, colours matching and all and when I saw Harry “packing” his clothes, I literally freaked out.

He was throwing clothes in his suitcase like he was being chased or something, not caring if his clothes were rumpled or not. By the time we make it to South Shields, all of his clothes will look like a cow had chewed them.

I heard another hit from the living room and I gasped. He was worse than a kid sometimes.

“Harry, would you help me with packing instead of demolishing living room? Go pack our phone chargers, toothbrushes, combs and all.”

After five minutes, he was in the room with me, with his hands full of stuff. He dropped it all on bed and took one of the smaller bags to pack it all up.

“I hate packing so frickin’ much.” he said.

“You’ve said it more than seven times, I think I know that by now.” I teased him. He gave me “the look” and continued with packing.

“Who packs your stuff when you’re on tour?” I asked, suddenly curious.

“Liam.” he said without hesitation. I had to turn around to look at him.

“You can’t be serious! Are you really forcing him to pack your stuff like you’re a baby? You’re an adult!” I said in disbelief.

“He’s like you – he always freaks out when he sees me packing and he also has OCD like you, so one time we got in a fight over that and I said “Then you go and pack my stuff, if you can do it better.” and since then he packs my stuff.” he explained and shrugged.

“I thought you didn’t like when somebody goes through your stuff.”

“I don’t. But it’s not some stranger I hired to pack my stuff, it’s Liam. And you. And I obviously have nothing to hide from you, so there you go.”

“I’m supposed to be honoured because of that? I think you’re just trying to persuade me to pack your stuff wherever we go from now on.” I teased him.

“Well, to be honest – both. But I do not hide anything from you, so it’s a winning combination anyway.” he said, as he stood up, kissed me and went out of the room.

I waited until he came back to ask him something.

“Is it good that I know everything now?” I asked as I was folding his trousers and putting them in the suitcase.

I wanted to hear his opinion on this, but knowing Harry, I had to carefully choose my words. If I directly asked him “What do you feel about me knowing the whole story?” , the moment he would hear word “feel” he would close up and avoid the question.

“I think it is. It’s much easier this way. You understand it all now.” he answered shortly and I knew I was busted, but hey, I got my answer.

“I think I have everything packed. Toothbrushes, combs, phone chargers, your birth control pills, condoms …”

I turned around to give him “the look” when I noticed at least 40 condoms in his hands.