Chapter 22

It was a beautiful day. It was one of those perfect days when it wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t too hot, either. Harry and I got out of Starbucks, holding our hands and coffees.

It was obvious that everybody noticed Harry and I could see a lot of people taking out their phones and snapping pictures. Somehow, I didn’t care at all. It was like I was in this safe bubble, where I could only see and hear Harry.

It all started when we first slept together. Something changed in our relationship. More doors were opened. I made a huge step by being naked in front of him and by being intimate with him. He also destroyed a bunch of my fears by staying with me, proving that he wanted me, not my body.

At this point, he meant to me so much. I’ve slept with him, I told him I loved him. How could you be more intimate than that? It was weird, but it was even harder to be separate from him now. All I could think about when we weren’t together were his kisses, his gentle touch, his scent, his voice and his appereance.

I guess I was falling for him faster than I noticed.

We started walking down the street and we immediately got followed by tons of people. Some of them were paparazzi and some of them were One Direction fans.

“Don’t pay attention on them, they’re just doing their job.” Harry squeezed my hand gently and gave me a smile that made my heart melt. His eyes were hidden with a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses, his face framed with his chocolate-brown curls.

I winked at him, not feeling an urge to say anything. It was one of those comfortable silence moments.

“Whore!” I heard a voice behind me and my safe bubble has burst. Welcome back to reality, baby.

I felt Harry’s body was tensed, but I didn’t let him stop, I didn’t want him to get in a fight with his fans because of me. I didn’t give a damn about some irrelevant girl’s opinion.

“Hey Jade, have you spent enough of Harry’s money ‘till now?”

“You don’t deserve him, he’s perfect and you’re anorexic and ugly!”

“You wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without Harry! Management is so pathetic with all these Little Mix promotions, Larry is life!”

“Get your hands off him, you skeleton!”

I swallowed a huge lump in my throat. I didn’t believe in any of their nasty comments, but I couldn’t lie and say how it wasn’t hurtful just to hear that.

God knew that Harry spent his money on me without my approval but even then I managed to make some boundaries. And also, I was far from anorexic. I was naturally a skinny girl, I never had a weight problem.

“C’mon Harry, just fuck her and finish with bitch. She’s not worth your attention, hello!”

If they had just stopped following us around like puppies, I would have managed to keep Harry under control, but they were just pushing his limits with all these comments.

Without hesitation, he stopped and even though I was trying my best to push him and make him walk, he didn’t move. His fingers tightened around mine, telling me that it’s not the time to contradict him.

By now, I knew his body very well. Right now, he was hardly controlling his anger. Girls who were following us stopped too, but they didn’t stop recording or snapping pictures with their phones.

“And you are? Let me make this clear – call my girlfriend “whore” or any other name and I won’t be responsible for what happens next. This is not being a fan, this is being a bully and I don’t want to have anything with bullies.”