Chapter 31

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT

"Hey mum, it's me." 

"Jade! Thank God, I was so worried! Harry texted me numerous times, but I was still so concerned, I knew you'd be in a bad shape because of this. Are you feelin' better?" 

The moment I heard my mum's voice and her thick, Geordie accent - I instantly felt better. 

"Yeah, much better. I'm so sorry, I didn't want to make you worried, I just needed a few days off. Please stop worrying about me so much. I'm fine. Girls have visited me yesterday. I didn't know they were coming, Harry surprised me." 

"Ohhh, he is so thoughtfull! I'm really glad you have someone like him near you at times like this. I'm really happy that I got to hear you, baby girl." the sadness in her voice is breaking my heart, there is literally nothing worse than making your mum unhappy and worried. 

"I'm happy to hear your voice too, mum. I missed you. Do you want to come here or do you want me to come to South Shields?" 

"Whatever you want, Jade." 

"I'd like to come to South Shields." I say. 

"Will Harry come with you?" 

"Would you like him to come?" I ask her. 

"I wouldn't mind." she answers. 

Honestly, I wasn't planning to ask him to go with me. Not because I didn't want him there, I just thought that mum and I could use some private time. We need to have a serious talk and I need to convince her that I'll do everything that is in my power to help Karl. I needed to make her think positive, even though I wasn't able to do so. 

But my mum did like Harry a lot and she enjoyed his company and he liked spending time with her, plus he already got a few days off because of me, it would be stupid to disappear to South Shields now after all that. Not to mention that he would lose it and take it too personally that I'm leaving at the times like this. Well, to correct myself - he loses it every time we have to separate besides when it's about job. 

It may be insane, but in every situation, I'm always thinking about Harry and his feelings, too. That's how I think of love - there's no just "I" anymore, there's "we". I have the right to do whatever I want, but I do need to know that everything I do has an effect on Harry. 

"Okay, he can come with me. But you can't tell anyone that we're coming, stories can be spread too fast. We don't need papz camping outside of our house." I warn her. 

"Ofcourse not. Is everything okay with you guys? You seem a bit distant." 

"Everything's good between us. I was just trying to give you some privacy." I explain. 

"When can I expect you two?" 

"Probably tomorrow, I need to finish a few things before coming." 

"What do you mean I can't be in the courtroom?! I have to be there! He needs to see one familiar face in there, Peter! He's already terrified, prosecutor will eat him alive!" 

Peter Dunlop, the lawyer I hired for Karl, was sitting across me in his office, letting me yell at him. He had a big, rounded face full of wrinkles and freckles and he generally looked like somebody who came to office right off the street, but he was a good man and even better - a really good lawyer. 

He was intelligent and tactical, friendly, but cautious. Outside of the courtroom he was peaceful and polite, but inside of it - he was turning into a tiger. Our management always hired him whenever they had a problem with media, ex-employees etc. Many people told me that there was no better man for Karl's case.