Chapter 32

I was putting on eyeliner, when Harry entered the room.

“Gaston will drive you to Jesy’s mum’s place. I have some work to do, so I won’t be able to.” He sat on a bed behind me, watching me as I was getting ready, applying make-up in front of the mirror.

“He doesn’t have to, I’ll drive myself to her place. That’s what I planned from the start.” I said as I put down eyeliner and took a comb.

“Jade, it’s safer this way. Papz can recognise you and chase you in their cars. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Harry, I’m not princess Diana.”

“I know you’re not, but do you wanna end up like her?”  he asked me harshly. I knew he wasn’t being harsh to hurt me, but because he was worried about me.

“Fine, I’ll go with Gaston.” I gave up. This way, he’ll be less paranoid and more happy. Same for me. Now that we started talking about princess Diana, I was kind of getting paranoid, too.

I checked the clock and saw that it is time for me to go, if I want to arrive on time.

I came closer to Harry who was half-lying on the bed and he immediately sat up, spreading his legs, so I can stand between them.

“I have to go now. Are you going to work here or somewhere out?” I asked him and placed my hands on his face.

“I’m going to Modest building, we have some more stuff to finish about the new video. Call me if you need me, my phone will be on.” he said.

Our both bands were being represented by Modest Management, only different people were working with us. But the same rules were being respected for a meeting with Modest – concentration on maximum, phones off and every member present.

Meaning he might get himself in trouble because of me.

“Stop worrying so much, it’s just a girl-night, nothing dangerous can happen.” I said and kissed him.

I moved away from him and I could hear him sigh. I could understand what he was feeling at the moment; I couldn’t bare to be separated from him either. Scratch that – I hated to be separated from him.

“I love you.” I quickly took my purse and hurried downstairs, where the Gaston was waiting for me in the car.

His “I love you more.” was stuck in my head for the whole time in the car.

“Seriously, we are so blessed to have our men. We could have ended up in love with some jerks who can’t treat us the way we deserve to be treated.” Leigh-Anne said, as she was colouring her toe nails in green.

Leigh was obsessed with green, everything around her had to be green.

“I keep tellin’ that to myself all the time. This all with Zayn seems so … unrealistic. Too good to be true. Do you think we could … last?” she asked shyly.

We all had a moment of silence as each of us thought about them as a couple. About their differences, similarities, love for each other.

“I do. You complete each other.” I told her and her face literally lit up.

“I do, too. I’ve never seen a guy love a girl, like Zayn loves you.” Jesy said.

“Aaaand you have three yes’s, my little ray of sunshine! He’s a really good lad and he truly loves you.” Leigh said and Jesy and I applauded.

“You’re going to bootcamp!” Jesy exclaimed.

“Oh my gosh, imagine if we end up as X Factor judges one day.” I said.