Chapter 15

I went out of the bathroom and found an empty room.

“Harry?” I called.

“I’m on the balcony.” he replied.

I went out and joined him. The view was amazing. When we were taking a room, Harry asked for a room on 25th floor, saying that it will be a completely new experience for me.

And it was. From here, I could see the whole London in a million new ways. “It’s beautiful.”

“I know. We spent the night here after Niall’s birthday party last year. It was crazy. I remember that I wasn’t able to sleep at all, so I was here, on this balcony, at 5 am.” he said smiling and looking beautiful.

Suddenly, he pulled me closer and I wrapped my arms around his body, breathing in his cologne mixed with his natural scent.

“Sad that you didn’t go to the after-party?” he asked me.

“Not really, everything interesting happened during the promotion. On after-party Leigh usually drinks with people she just met, Jesy and Jordan are killing it on the dance floor, Perrie and Zayn are eating their faces ...” we both laughed.

“And what does Jade Thirlwall usually do on her after-party?” he wanted to know.

“Well usually, she’s trying to stop Leigh from drinking too much.”

“But is she having fun?”

“Not until now.” I said and he slowly caressed my back. We stayed like this for some time.

“I don’t want to ruin the moment, but you said you wanted to talk with me.” I reminded him, finally moving my arms.

“Oh, that’s right. I easily forget things when I’m with you.” he said and sat on a nearest chair, putting me in his lap.

He didn’t say anything for a couple of minutes, but I wasn’t rushing him. My intuition was telling me that he wanted to talk about their trip to Ghana.

“These african children ... Jade, they’re just ... so hopeless. They don’t even ask for that much. Just for a cure. A cure that we have plenty of here and we take it for granted. I feel like this trip changed all of us. It’s just so different.”

“What is different?” I encouraged him to go on.

“Death is a normal part of life. We hear about it everyday on the radio, TV. We read about it in the newspaper. We think we know how it is, but you know what’s the saddest part? We actually don’t. I’ve seen those kids die in front of my eyes, Jade. I’ve seen them dying in enormous pain, not even knowing what’s going on, ‘cause they’re too young to understand. I’ve seen the pain on faces of their beloved ones. Anger because they can’t do anything to help them.”

For only one month of actually getting to know him, I realized that Harry was underneath that carefree, superficial, egoistic lay – an overthinker. He was just that type who questions everything deep inside.

So at this point, I wasn’t surprised to hear this. I grabbed his hand, knowing he’s just probably seeking for my support.

“Go on.”

“I don’t want to get you into this awkward mood, especially not today, I just ... I felt like I really wanted to talk about this with someone. I didn’t talk about this with boys.”

“You’re not making me feel awkward or depressed, you’re sharing something intimate with me. That’s what couples do.” I said.

“So, we’re a couple?” he asked, grinning.