Chapter 19

Saying that Harry freaked out about the recent events was an underestimation. Needless to say that in the same day he bought us a new car and I got seven bodyguards.

I was trying to talk to him, but he was constantly on meetings. The sound of ringing was filling my ears as I stubbornly waited for him to pick up the damn phone. A meeting can’t last for 8 hours.

“What is it, Jade?” his raspy voice surprised me, since I wasn’t expecting any answer at all.

“Is that all you have to say after everything you did today?” I wanted to be calm, but hell I was pissed. Add not answering to my phone calls and – Houston, we have a problem.

I could hear him gasping as soon as he heard my words. “Jade, I don’t plan to apologize for doing what’s best for you.”

“Harry, I understand that you have a lot of money – but you can’t just go around and do whatever you feel like at the moment with it! First of all, don’t you think we could afford a new car? We earn money too, you know! Secondly, our previous car was a Volkswagen Bug and you sent the damn Range Rover! Are you completely out of your mind? Next, what’s with the security? Our management already wanted to hire a security for us and all of a sudden my boyfriend  appears with 7 people only for Jade and demands my management to let him do all the work. Again, are you completely out of your mind?! It’s weird Harry, we had a signing today and girls had to walk on the complete opposite side of the street because of me and your security!” I yelled.

“I think this is the first time I’ve heard you talk this much. It’s quite funny.” he chuckled, clearly not paying attention to my words at all.

“Harry I swear to God, don’t push me over the egde.” I clenched my teeth and spoke in a Satan voice. Honestly, I’ve had it enough.

“Jade, I know you earn money, I’m not an idiot – but your car was ruined because of me. So, at least, I can buy you guys a new car. And what’s wrong with wanting the best for you?”

“That’s not a car. That’s a frickin’ spaceship.” I corrected him.

I could hear him laugh out loud, but I was ignoring him. His behaviour wasn’t going to be tolerated.

“Stop laughing Harry, for God’s sake.”

“I can’t.” he replied breathlessly, then he calmed a bit “You’re the only one besides guys who can make me laugh like this. Seriously.”

“I’m glad that you find me amusing. Get back to the story.”

“Fine, where were we? Ah yeah, you were having a mental breakdown because your boyfriend bought you a car.”  he continued with his teasing tone.

“That’s not true and you know that. My boyfriend hired 7 people to look after me 24/7 without even asking me! Apparently, I can only go to bathroom without them!” I protested.

“That’s not what I said to them. Are they making up their instructions?”

“Harry, I was being sarcastic.”

“What’s new?”

“Harry!”

“Jade, I’m getting tired of this. Our fans can be psychotic and I really don’t want to sit on a meeting and worry about you getting attacked or something.” he insisted.

“Fine, but why 7?!”

“Because I want you to be 100% safe.”

“You’re exaggerating. And do you have any idea how ridiculous I look in public? Plus they all think that I was the one who hired them.”