Chapter 28

“ … So I open the door and it turned out to be Jordan! I got so scared, I thought we had a racoon in our apartment or something and God knows how would I manage to throw out the racoon.” Leigh finished her story and we all laughed. I’d pay a lot just to see that scene where Leigh goes around with a fruit mask all over her face, chasing the racoon with a pan.

I took my phone out of my purse to check the time. It was 4:23 pm and Harry was still not here. We were all having a lunch in a garden of the most beautiful restaurant in New York and the scheduled time was 4 pm. I sighed and put my phone back in the purse. I already texted him twice and hell, I’m not going to do it for the third time.

I was just about to ask Zayn, who was sitting across me and feeding Perrie with raisins, if he knows anything, when a hand touched my shoulder. I didn’t even have to turn my head, it was him. I could feel it.

“Hey guys, I’m so sorry for being late.” he said, as he sat next to me, placing one of his big hands on my thigh. I was in a short, summer dress and my thighs were bare. Man, he could turn me on in a second.

“I’m sorry love, I couldn’t come faster.” he apologised and leaned closer to kiss me. I kissed him back, but it was a small and gentle kiss. God knows that we wouldn’t be able to stop if I kissed him the way I wanted to now.

“Is that a bandage on your back, Harry? Are you hurt?” Jesy suddenly asked, catching everybody’s attention.

“No, new tattoo.” Harry replied.

“Another one?”

“You’re going to end up covered with tattoos.”

“What did you tattoo this time?”

Reactions were mixed, but I remained silent. I already knew about his trip to the tattoo parlor this morning. He didn’t tell me what was he going to do, but I wasn’t really curious, because I’ll see it either way.

“You’ll see.” he teased them, keeping them interested and curious.

“Why so mysterious, Styles?” Leigh-Anne wanted to know. Harry drived her even more crazy when he just shrugged his shoulders instead of replying. Leigh hated situations when she didn’t know something or wasn’t informed about something.

It was a lovely, sunny day and we were all together having lunch with our boyfriends. Each of them was here, except Jesy’s Jordan. He was a dancer and he had a really busy schedule so he couldn’t make it, but she understood and she wasn’t angry about it. We were however, doing everything, so she doesn’t feel lonely or excluded.

I finally got to meet Leigh’s Jordan, who was probably the nicest guy I’ve ever met. He was actually staying at our suit and I was in a different room with Harry. I was also glad to see Zayn and Perrie happy after all those rumours and media attention.

After a long time full of stress and tension, I was feeling happy again. I was so happy that Harry and I finally finished with his past and that he opened up to me. You could really tell that it brought us even more closer.

“Honey, I’m home!” I chuckled as soon as I heard Harry’s voice. It was funny to even think how this could be our possible future one day. Though it didn’t seem crazy, I could never imagine myself being married to anyone except Harry.

He unbuttoned his shirt and leaned down to kiss me, since I was laying on the bed, reading.

“How was work?” I asked, choosing those words on purpose, not giving up on our “marriage” roles.

“Boring. Tons of meetings.” he said, taking off his navy-blue shirt, just to reveal a bandage on the left upper side of his back.

“You still didn’t take that off?” I asked, running my fingers through his locks.