CHAPTER-13

Having a casual conversation

I could sleep peacefully after that call.It was a Sunday and I was on leave and I had to make a hell lot of preparations.Thankfully my mom is going with Geet so I will not have to face any questions and I'll have to make sure that no one else notices him or there will be a huge crowd gathering in the compound.He will probably show up at lunch time because he must be busy with interviews and meet ups.I don't know what to cook I can make idlis and they are the easiest.With that there will be sambar which I'll be making for the very first time and chutney obviously and then aloo ka paratha will do for punjabi food.There will be lassi obviously and then I can make gajar halwa as a dessert.
Argh!There is so much to do and what will I wear..... western or Indian?Geet asked me to get draped in a saree and I'm not gonna do that for sure.Stefan liked that lucky suit of mine so should I try another suit?
I tried to keep it simple,wore a royal blue kurta and white trousers applied a little kajal and left my hair open.
......................................................................
It was 12 o clock when I heard a knock knock on door.God I just wish everything goes well.
"Hey", Stefan said standing at the door holding a bouquet with a bright smile wearing a black tee shirt and a black pair of jeans.This was the first time I saw him in casual clothing.
"Hey.Come on in Stefan.I was waiting for you",I said with a wide smile."I wonder how you got into the building without causing any commotion and if there is someone else with please invite them in".

"There is no one with me and I managed to get in without anyone noticing me",he said winking his eyes.

"You were free today...no concert?

"A few interviews but no worries",he smiled."What about your mom-dad...do they live here?",he asked as he sat on the sofa.

"My mom has some work outside and I lost my father when I was kid",I said looking away.

"Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean too....
I lost my dad too 2 years ago",he said sniffing.

"Yeah I heard that,I'm sorry.Finally we have something in common",I faked a smile.

"You're right",he said."I so wanted to meet your family and I brought gifts for everyone",he said.

"What do you mean by everyone?"

"Everyone in this house,okay I had to do some ground work",he chuckled.

"I can guess about that person who helped you.. Radhika right?",I said raising my eyebrow.

"Yes,you're right and I got this for you",he said taking a little box out of his pocket."I'm not a thoughtful person as you and I'm not that good with gifts and I also lost a couple of girls due to this",he said chuckling.

"That's not a great a deal obviously",I said teasing.That box contained a beautiful bracelet very much similar to my taste."So Radhika helped you in this too?"

"No I swear Radhika didn't choose this. I kind of liked this in the first place then I asked my mom and she aproved it",he said.

"Well I'm loving this and you know this is so like my choice ...thanks to your mom and convey my hye to her",I said smiling."Lunch is ready, should I set the table?"

"No not so soon.Hmm..let's chat for a while I somehow happen to like your company",he said shrugging.

"Really?Okay then you owe me a proper intro first.The first time we met was too awkward for me."

"Do I need an intro?and plus you are a journalist so.......do you really need one?"

"Yes I know everything the world knows about you but you owe me it",I said.

"You'll get to know me eventually and then you should introduce yourself",he said.

"Same rules apply",I gave a smirk.I'll get you some coffee,give me 5 minutes",I went into the kitchen.

I was busy making coffee when I noticed he was standing right beside me staring.

"What?",I asked.

"You look pretty in that blue thing",he blinked.

"Thanks and this blue thing is called kurta".

"Yeah whatever it is,it looks good on you",he said smiling. "So tell me more about you as in your likes dislikes boyfriend".

"I don't have a boyfriend and dating is not my thing",I said with confidence.

"Mm...hmm so you never had a bf?"

"Nope.But I know your number of girlfriends",I chuckled.

"More than that actually",he retorted.

"I suppose",I winked."Take your coffee",I said handing him over the cup.
"What kind of girls do you like....well besides being hot?",I asked to keep our conversation up.

"Okay I don't know why my friends find it funny but I have a thing for intelligent girls.I love intelligent, independent and cute girls",he said."What kind of boys do you like?"

"May be hot men",I said but mentally it was hot tatooed men with a cute ponytail.