CHAPTER-25

You don't deserve him

Stefan's pov

"Get those lights here",I asked the man who was decorating the room for the ceremony.

"Stefan I think you should go out and see the guests,cuz everyone wants to meet my brother....I'll take care of the decorations",Violet said as she entered the hall with one of her friends.

"Thanks babe",I placed a peck on my little sister.

"You are taking me shopping tomorrow. Don't say no",she said with her mischevious smile.

"No way,I'm busy and you can take Clara with you.Trust me she is good with that stuff."

"But she is not you", she yelled.

"Okay, shh... Stop yelling, it's your sister's ceremony, behave."

"Yeah I know and you better keep your promise and now you get your ass out of here and see the guests",she again yelled.

"Okay fine,please shut that ridiculous mouth of yours",I pushed her away.
......................................................................
"Hey Stefan!", said Sarika,the girl I have been showing interest upon lately.

"Hello beautiful",I said and pulled her closer and placed a little kiss on her lips."Gotta go.... running a little busy,see you in my room at 11",I made haste.

I made my way through the crowd,I greeted some of my acquintances and smiled back at everyone.We tried to keep these ceremonies as humble as possible with as less people as possible.I finally stepped onto the stage in order to welcome the guests and  all the lights dimmed at once as all focus on me.

"Hello everyone,I'm really grateful for having each one of you here to shower my sissy with all your love and blessings.The ceremony will start in a while and until then be comfortable and enjoy your drinks",I end my little speech and the lights fall on every one at once and suddenly I find my eyes glued to a beautiful lady dressed in the same colour as mine,with her long black hair travelling down her shoulders till her waist,with her perfectly done smoked eyes looking away and her finely parted lips moving as she talked over the phone.Kritika was here.The world around me vanished,it was just her and me and my eyes trying to steal her gaze waiting desparatly to get noticed.

Should I go to her?Is it appropriate to show up after ditching her for months?I had my own reasons to do it and I'm sure she will understand.I moved on and it didn't take much time to get over her but now when she is standing right here in front of me, I'm getting intimidated just by her presence even from a distance.She must be from the groom's side,but to my knowledge she can recognize my mother so does she know that I'm here too?If she knew,why didn't she come find me first?Or may be she never wants to see my face which destroyed her life in every possible way,caused her mental torture ,showered her with ample hate and then I simply ditched her.If we ever happened to confront each other,I will defend myself cause it is best the way it already is.

"You are not going to her unless she।comes to you and it's is for everyone's best.She knows that it is your sister's wedding and if she wants to see you,she'll come to you herself.If she doesn't show up then have in mind that it's over forever",I fed this in my brain and disappeared from her sight.

Kritika's pov

Rahul's mom has sent me upstairs to get gift boxes and I think I got lost in this stupid maze.My legs started aching already and I can feel my makeup wearing off  but I'm still unable to find that damn room.I tripped over from the stairs and the hem of my dress clung to a loose nail on the railing and jeez...my dress is destroyed.

Holy fuck!
I finally found the room.
Knock.Knock.

"Hey can I get those gift boxes?",I asked as I saw a familiar figure standing right in front of me but she recognised me before I could recall her name.She was my senior and Sarika,I suppose,is her name.

"Hey you're Kritika and Rahul's friend?We went to the same school remember?"

"Yeah,you are Rahul's cousin and my senior too,red house captain....am I right?",I asked not so sure.

"Yeah absolutely",she smiled in delight."Come on in,we have got a lot of catching up too."

No Sarika I don't wanna catch up with you cause as far as I can recall ,you were a bitch to me in school and you once hit Geet on her arm and I can never forgive you for that.Bitch!

As I entered the room I looked into the mirror and found my dress in a bad condition and that cut ran upto my thigh.It got destroyed completely.

"Your dress looks bad.Why don't you take one of my dressess?",she stole my words literally.

"Yeah sure.Thank you Sarika".

"Indian or Western?",she asked.

"Western please.I don't have the energy to carry long heavy dresess",I chuckled.

"Take this",she handed me over an elegant dress.

"Wow,I love this",I said immediately.

"It's a gift and can you guess the person who gifted this to me?"

"Is it Rahul?"

"Nope".

"How can I even..

"I thought you out of all people can guess.Promise me that we will have no bad blood between us cause Stefan gifted this to me on my birthday.I mean your ex bf Stefan Wilson....Isabella's brother and my present love intrest",she stressed on the word ex and I lost my shit.

"You're wrong,he was never my boyfriend.We were friends and he doesn't bother me anymore.You know what I don't wanna wear this dress since your boyfriend has gifted this to you. Thank you for your kindness".

"But that video...

"Since when are you guys dating?",I asked her fuming at her sick attitude.

"3 months or more".

I slammed the door shut on her face.
Tears welled up in my eyes and the immediate thing that I wanted to do was get out of that sick place.I called my bestfriend.

"Geet take me out of here, I'm in a mess".
........................….....................…..............

"I don't understand why you being a cry baby?Like you literally have no point here to complaint.You guys never dated each other.You loved him but he didn't love you back,you should be happy for him actually",she ended her long practical speech.

"Happy for what?For falling for that bitch?Stefan is just too good for her.Ahhhh!!!I'm jealous",and I wiped my cheeks.

"Actually he is not as perfect as you think.It's fine and I think it's time that you move on",she asked me to move on for the millionth time now.