CHAPTER-7

Sorting things out

Like I said I needed some air to ease out my growing tension,I went on to the terrace to breathe where I saw a man that I least expected to be here.He sat in a corner under one of the pillars hiding behind a cigarette.He had a lighter in one of his hands with which he played unconsciously.I ran to my room immediately to fetch those gifts that I had to give him.
......................................................................"Hey",I said with eagerness in my eyes.

"Hey",he looked back.

"I thought you left already,"I said with a tensed expression.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow",he said coldly.

"I see.I wanted to thank you for saving my life once again.I would be pleased if you accept this as a token of gratitude",I said handing him over the gift bag.

"Come sit here",he signalled.
"So you got me something huh? What is it?"
He carefully opened the box and keenly observed the handkerchief.

"So you finally proved that you are a journalist.Hmm?",he said wearing that smirk.

"Does it have any connection with me being a journalist?",I asked ignorantly.

"I admire your observation",he said with his gaze fixated at me."Thank you for this creative little thing".

He finally acknowledged my creativity. Yayyy!!!!

"Do you mind if I ask what you are doing here at midnight?",I asked.

"I have been here since evening".

"I was calling people and looking out for you expecting that you would show up in your room."

"I like to go missing sometimes",he faked a smile."What work do you have here?",he asked.

"I was waiting for you and when you didn't show up, I assumed that you had left to the airport already. I was a little annoyed over the fact that we might not see each other ever again and then I came here to breathe some air",I was honest.

"Ohh is it?I thought you never wanted to face me in the first place cause u walked away every time",he fixed his eyes at me.

"No.....I mean yes I did that due to my own embarrassment and nothing else",I gave an honest answer.

"Are we sorted now?",I asked.

"Did we have any issues to sort?"

'Yes you had that misconception.Honestly I never wanted to behave like that and I'm sorry if it hurt you",I clarified.

"Okay fine I get it that you are dumb",he chuckled.

"You really enjoy doing this right?",I was pissed cause I know I'm smart.

"Doing what?",he grinned.

"Teasing people".

"I'm sorry if I ever hurt you by my art of communicating with people....I mean journalists like you",he teased me.

"Shut up",I bumped his arm with my first.

"Okay madam", he chuckled.
......................................................................

"I'm pretty much hungry... haven't really eaten anything since evening. The food in this hotel really sucks. I'm surviving on pizza's since yesterday", he said rubbing his stomach.

"Would you mind if I treat you?I haven't really eaten anything the whole day",I said.

"Why would I mind if I can save a few bucks?
But... hey have you really not eaten anything the whole day? You were sick last night as you said you could have died.You know what you are really dumb",he over exaggerated.

"Yeah...I had this bad nausea the whole day didn't feel like really eating",I fluently lied.

"But you could still manage to make this gift for me and I can assume you must have gone out to buy the stuff that you needed.You are a terrible lair too Ms.Singh",he gazed at me intensly when he caught my lie.

"Sorry Stefan",I said pouting.

When he caught me lying and stared at me,I got hyptonised.I was short of words to defend myself,I got nervous and at last I ended up saying a simple sorry.His eyes have a massive affect on  me since the very first time I saw him.
They are mesmerizing and then you find yourself lost in them as if they were some deep ocean and you are someone who is drowning and can't help to get yourself out of that trance.

Those dammned eyes!!