CHAPTER 35

I was feeling epic

By the time we returned home from Stefan's bff,it was around 10 pm.Her name is Carol and she is of the same age as I and she is the sweetest person I ever met and she sort of reminded me of Geet,my bestie and it got me so emotional.I realized one important thing after meeting her and it proved me wrong.It's not necessary to stay in contact with someone in order to save your relationship with them, even if it's your bestfriend.Some bonds are just evergreen and we can vibe with them the same way as always and nothing changes between you.I got to watch a whole new Stefan today,a cute and fun loving version of him.Carol showed me their childhood pictures from their chudey buddy times and it looked as if Stefan was not much of a naughty kid.Stefan is just as normal as any other guy of his age and it's just the stardom which got him other way.People were too harsh on him,but he took it all silently and never showed a tear to anyone.I judged him a million times but I'm happy with the fact that it did not shake the love or trust I have in him. I can proudly say that he is the best man I have ever met and I wish he'd be mine.

I fell for him the moment I saw him.Never in my life did I see a man more attractive and charming than him,his tatoos,his beard,long eyelashes and his perfectly chisled jaw caught me crushing over him from the very first moment I saw him.One event led to another and then we became good friends and here I'm in his guest house wishing that he'd be my man.

"Wishing is not enough....you gotta get out and do it",my conscience spoke.

"What?"

"I don't even know if he feels the same about me and what if he breaks my heart......I can't take heart breaks",I replied to my conscience.

"And what if he loves you too?"

"If that's the case,there is no other girl luckier than me",I secretly smiled.

It is raining outside and it is not a heavy pour.I like it when it rains,it's romantic.As I peeked through the window,I saw Stefan getting all wet in the lawn below.He was standing like a rock doing nothing,he wasn't even enjoying the rain or may be I gotta teach him some rain dance😉

"Stefan..why are you standing here?"

"It's nothing",he said in his thick accent.

"What?"

"There is something I wanted to tell you",he finally spoke.
"I don't know if it's the right time to tell you but I don't wanna be late either.As you said,you'll get married next year to someone you love or may be your boss if you love him.I don't know if I stand a fair chance among them and I should be really happy about you getting settled with someone you love and then having kids and then growing old with that person.No matter how hard I try,I can't imagine you getting married to someone and having his kids.I want you in my life and I wanna have my kids with you and grow old with you.I can't see you getting married to your boss or some other bastard.I couldn't stand you speaking to him the other day and I can't surly do that my whole life.
I love you Kritika.
I didn't know what love truly meant until I loved you and I realized that I never loved someone the way I love you.You affect me in every way and it drives me crazy because I can't imagine to spend another day without you.You are not just any other girl,you are the one who was always in my mind even when we were in different countries.I thought I could get over you and that we were never meant to be together but it became all more difficult when you showed up here and now I just don't want to let you go.I want to have you all to myslef and I don't care if I'm sounding selfish because I'm being honest."

"What?Did he just propose me?Am I dreaming or is it the rain that is driving him crazy?Is he drunk?",I was lost in my own thoughts and all the time I was looking directly into his eyes and the tears rolled down my face. Obviously he couldn't notice those tears because of the rain.
"I have always loved you and yes I can't imagine you with someone either", I wanted to scream but stopped myself as I saw him kneeling down.He pulled out a ring from his pocket and laid one of his knees on the dirty grass.The porch light fell on his face directly and I could read his eyes which were showing mixed emotions of doubt and confusion.

"Will you marry me Kritika?
Will you be mine for the rest of my life?",he spoke finally and extended his arm to hold my hand.

"Wait.Give me a sec",I said.
"I don't want to keep you waiting here but you gotta bear this.....I'll be back in a sec and don't move",I said and ran into the house.

Stefan's pov

She is gone for five minutes now and is not back yet.What is she up to?Is she really gonna accept my proposal?What's taking her so long?

She came running through the lawn and I was afraid because I thought she would fall.She was smiling through out and may be that's something positive but why did she get back to the house?

"Sorry Stefan for keep you waiting",she was panting and the rain was hurting her.

"What kind of shit is this?.....come on don't leave me in suspense.It would have killed me if you were another minute late",I said.

"Ohhhhho..Shut up baba!Give me a sec",she said and kneeled on the with both her knees on the grass and she was holding a ring in one of her hands.
"Will you be my man?",she said holding my hand and looking directly into my eyes.

"I would love to",I said.
I then gently moved the ring through her ring finger and fixed it tightly at the base of her finger and yes it was the perfect size.
"How come you knew my size?",I asked.

"Secret",she replied winking her eyes.

"I have always loved you Stefan and you have no idea what this moment means to me and I always dreamt of such a thing since the moment I saw you. It's not just you, even I can't imagine you being with someone else and I'm as selfish as you are because I want you to have you all to myslef".

"I'm feeling epic right now", I said taking her into my arms gently embracing me.

"So am I",she replied aashe placed her head against my chest and looked above into my eyes. Our lips were barely inches apart.I moved my head a little forward and gently touched her lips with mine and she kissed me back. After having a long passionate and first kiss with her,I realized that we were still on grass and it's still raining.

"Let's get in and continue what ever is left",I said smirking to which she replied"Yeah sure"and then whispered something in my ears,"You stole my first kiss."