CHAPTER-6

The gift

I literally banged my head cause I was running short of ideas on the gifts that I could give him.I explained this whole thing to my mother and she said that I should make something for him which means I had to use some creativity to  gift him.The next thing that struck my mind is knitting.I'm very profecient in the art of knitting that I inherited from my mother.Now the question is what should I knit?
After 30 more minutes of stressing my head,I decided to gift him a handkerchief and I would knit the design on it.

The next moment I was at the bazaar to get things.I bought a square shaped white handkerchief along with needles and different coloured threads.I had to undergo a lot of trouble to get into that market since I was new to the city.Since I was off duty that day I had enough time to go and buy things and knit.

I created some kind of atmosphere in the room first.I opened all the windows and cleaned my messy bed,put my phone on airplane mode and played out those songs that I downloaded in my phone last night.I first sorted what design I had to make and then drew it on a paper.After 2 hours of sheer hardwork and utmost patience,I completed my self assigned task which seemed to turn out into a sucess.At the centre,I made the figure of a man with a cute pony tail and holding a mic with one of his hands while raising the other.I made little designs on those hands indicating his tatoos.At the top right corner I knitted the figure of a bat and diagonally on the bottom a tiger face as on his tatoos.I decided to keep it simple on the other side,making a 's'and 'w' at the centre placed diagonally to each other.I folded the cloth neatly and placed it inside a cute little wooden gift box with a ribbon tied around it.

I love painting and I have this habit of carrying a drawing pad and pencils during travel.I instantly decided to give him a thank you card.I immediately tore a neat page from my drawing card and folded it in the centre.The next I did was drawing the image of an agressive Hulk which turned out to be really well.I have made that drawing several times so it was a easy task to accomplish.I chose to make this drawing as I assumed that Stefan was a huge Hulk fan cause his mobile case had the same picture of hulk and 'Hulk' was written in one of his gaudy finger rings.This image was made on the front side and inside the card I wrote a little note thanking him for his kindness and made floral design here and there which again resembled the tatoo on the back of his fan well it was not the exact thing but very to close to it.

So I have done my part and now he has to do his by accepting my present.

Will he like it or would he throw another sarcastic remark?

What if he doesn't pay any attention? I mean he must have received so many gifts from his fans at concerts.

Today is his last day in Chennai and then he will fly tommorow to Mumbai,what if I never get a chance again to meet him?I would also go to Mumbai but I would stay with my mom and not in a hotel.That means I need to gift him today after he returns from that concert.

I don't know exactly but a very strange feeling began to conquer my heart at the very thought of 'us' never seeing each other ever again.Okay so this is the first time I saw an international celebrity in my life and happened to crush over him from the very first sight then we had little conversations most of which ended abruptly cause I was very embarrassed to face him in the first place then he saved my life and showed his concern to me who was one among the millions of fans he has.Though I get knocked down by his sarcasm every time,I admire it at the end of the day. Somehow.
......................................................................
It's midnight and he is not even back yet.What if he went to the airport directly from the concert?Does this mean we would never see each other again?I so wanted to thank him and gift him.

I called Ms.Khanna assuming that she knew his whereabouts but it proved to be in vain.I was stressing myself so much at that point that I couldn't breathe properly.I needed some air to let go of this wierd tension that was totally consuming me.