CHAPTER-20

A quite night

"Bhaiya stop",I said to the driver as we entered the marine drive area.

"What happened?Is it not very late for you?",Stefan said taken by surprise.

"Nope.Do you like beeches?I love them",I said replying to him.

"Yes but....

"Then come out",I dragged him out of the car."See there is no one here,you won't get mobbed".

"Okay then let's have fun",he said pulling me by my arm.

"Stefan,you are so strong",I said as we there.

"Cuz I pulled you a little harder?",he said smirking,his eyes fixed at the sea.

I pushed him aside and rolled my eyes"kuch bhi haan".

"Now what does that mean?",he said wearing his signature smirk.

"I meant you are strong enough to stand tall in this industry despite all the garbage comments people keep throwing at you".

"Strong?hmmm....I don't know but yeah I'm used to all that and it doesn't matter anymore..you know".

I looked to the side of his head quitely,and  smiled without being noticed.

"What are you smiling at Kritika?",and yes he caught me smiling from the cornor of his eyes.

"Nothing,I just like the way you handle  things and that's it",I said holding his wrist and patting it slightly.

"Then you should learn it too",he said sliding his hand around my neck and pulled me closer,while I rested my head on his shoulder and our eyes fixed at the ocean.

"Thank you",he said clearing his throat."It's been quite a long since I got peaceful and quite moments like this,I'm loving it here",he said wearing the most innocent smile ever and he looked like a baby under the moonlight."But for you,I would have never had such moments......you know when I was back home and signed this tour contract to India,I sort of hesitated and was filled with self doubt.I have been through serious shit last year and was not myself,I was all lonely,sad and wrote a couple of heart break songs which people could relate to but it was my story",he said grinning and shrugged."I had no idea that  those songs would do so well and when I performed them live,I loved performing as much as the crowd enjoyed and appreciated me and then I met you for the first time and then we met a couple more times.I realized coming to India was the best decision I ever made leaving aside the fact that my album had a great buisness here,I met you and got a sweet little friend.I realized that all I ever wanted to conquer my self doubt, anxiety,fear was someone like you.It feels good when a person whom you are close with is in the crowd genuinely cheering and applauding for you and may be that's what cured me.It's you.We had a great time together Kri...and thanks for making it cherishable.You brought me back to my normal self and I love being around you,I love being myself and I almost forgot what it feels like....to be myself.You reminded me my true self,a person who was drowned in fame, controversies and anxiety and you saved him, taught him to find his life in little moments and value you know...little things.I'm always in my high spirits around you and you bring that side of me and I feel blessed to meet you and have you in my life.

You have given me the greatest gift ever....you gifted me myslef",he ended finally and I don't know how I felt and may be it was that fairy tale moment I have always wanted to happen in my life.I felt this tingling sensation in my stomach and that knot was only getting stiffer inside as butterflies inside my gut just won't stop dancing.

"Then what are friends for?",I said locking our palms and gave him a little side hug."I'll be always there for you,I promise and if  you think I saved you,I'll be there to save you always".

"I'm leaving tomorrow Kritika",he said turning towards me and now we wear sitting face to face.

"But why?You still gotta perform in Delhi.",I asked him wearing a tensed expression.

"My elder sister is getting engaged and I'm sort of needed there but we will meet soon, probably when I  revisit India or you can come over to England,I'll take you sight seeing",he said in his characterstic thick accent.

"Ohh.Wow that's great news,I'm happy for your sister and you should be there.We'll meet sooner or later,don't worry",I said cuddling him and could feel the warmth in the hollow of his chest as he wrapped his hands around my waist and my head on his chest,ears placed above his heart and could hear it beating.

At that moment,I was living my dream like literally I could hear the heart of my loved one beating and what's more beautiful than this?I could feel every cell of my body and the hair on my body stiff submitted completely to his warmth.I felt alive.I didn't want to lose this moment, especially when he is leaving tomorrow and neither did I want to waste it without a good bye kiss.

I slowly lifted my head and touched his cheek with my lips placing a soft kiss then our temples collided and he placed a little peck on the tip of my nose, smiling mischievously.I pulled him even closer and kissed him on his other cheek and then his beard hurt me this time totally ruining that moment.
Holy shit!😑

"Ouch",I moaned and he chuckled mischievously.

"Got hurt?",he laughed and then pushed my head with his temple.

I chuckled as we were still in each others arms when he pulled me closer and then we had a tight hug,my hands around his neck and his arms around the small of my back.He placed a soft peck on my head and it felt so surreal.... heavenly at that moment.

"We should get going,it's late already",he whispered and then I slowly pulled away from the warmth of his chest, adjusting my hair.

"Yes,mom must be waiting....we should go",I said smiling at him.

"You looked so beautiful today",he said when we got up finally,our palms Interlocked as we walked slowly on the sand leaving a trail of footsteps behind us.
......................................................................
Changing my username to @angelit_0001.