CHAPTER -56

Stefan's pov

I understand how important is her career but I really can't think of the ways we can sort this out.She can't move here for obvious reasons and I could have moved there as I had plans previously of shifting to Delhi.I did some research and I'm not very pleased and I don't want to be raising Eva there and the entire education system is fucked up and is highly competitive or I can call it as a mad race and Delhi is over crowded and then there is dust and pollution.Thinking of the other way round,I can move there leaving Eva in London and then I can come visit on the weekends but I have already spent almost 5 years away from her and I don't wanna do that anymore.I'm not leaving Eva.For some reason I just wanna raise my child in London and in this very house that I'm staying.For time being,I just know that no matter What I and Kritika are going to be alright and together may be just not in space and time.Nobody actually knows that we are dating and at some point I'm supposed to share this with my fans because I just can't keep hiding something so special to me from them.

It's her birthday and she is still asleep.I can see how her phone is flooded with birthday messages and she hasn't replied to any yet.I actually have something big planned for her and so I cancelled the dinner party and now we are having family lunch.

"Goodmorning",she spoke lazily in her morning voice.

"Hi.Happy 24!",I placed a kiss on her forehead and hugged her.

"Stefan can you do me a favor?",she said rubbing her eyes.

"Ofcourse."

"Take me to a temple or a church or to any religious place.I just wanted to pray and thank god because I'm getting to live another year", she got up from the bed tying her hair into a bun.

"Yeah sure, we will go.I actually happen to know this temple,we can go there."

"That will be alright",she smiled.

In no minute,she was ready in her traditional Indian suit.

"I see that you are wearing my favourite outfit of yours",I move towards her wrapping my arms around her shoulders

"Yes, because this is the only outfit that I have right now which I can wear to a temple and plus it's my birthday and this is my lucky dress",she said.

"I have something for you",I say and she is taken by surprise and excited like a little girl.

"What?",her eyes twinkle.

I hand her over the photo that I secretly clicked when she looked really really pretty in Bella's wedding along with a little note written at the back.

"This looks so cool",she hugged me.

Kritika's pov

We are sat in his car driving through Wimbledon,he is taking me to the Ganpati temple located there.The drive was mostly silent because I took my time replying to all the birthday messages that came flooding and Eva was asleep at the backseat.I insisted on bringing her along with us because I wanted to spend as much time as possible because I'll be leaving tomorrow and I'm gonna miss her.
I spotted a green circle around Stefan's profile on Instagram which meant he has posted something on his story which only his close friends could see.I was really taken aback and even anxious at the same time because he is not someone who is active on social media, barely uses it.He actually posted the same picture of mine that he gave earlier today on his close friends story.There was no 'Happy Birthday' or anything but a single line

Strings of my guitar❣️

My cheeks flushed red and I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen because I took time to understand what that line actually meant.

"Who's on your close friends list anyway?",I finally broke the silence.

"A few people may be around 20."

"I really wanna know who are they?",I was pushing it further because this is the first time he posted something publically about me to someone and I really wanna know who those special ones are.

"There is you ofcourse,my sisters, John,Carol,Clara, members of my band and other people in the industry who are good friends to me",he said as he pulled the car in the lot.

This year has been the best and also the one where I was at my lowest.Meeting Stefan and then dating him were the best parts.The leaked video clip along with all the negativity and hate ,my mom getting sick and then Stefan ignoring me when he found out about Eva were the ones when I was at my low,but thank you for helping me out of everything and here I'm bowing before you along with my boyfriend and his daughter.I need nothing more from you, just keep both of them happy and healthy and help me figure a way out so that I and Stefan can stay under the same roof for the rest of our lives and me working happily and pursuing my dreams alongside.

I opened my eyes and then prayed for one last time again and then looked around because Stefan was no where to be found.

"Kritika",a familiar voice approached my way.

"Where have you been?,I was looking for you".

"The man over there was selling these really cool chains or whatever they are called and he said these are spelled and are meant for protection.I got them for you and Eva",he said as he helped me wear the chain.

"Thanks",I kissed him on his cheek and smeared some of the vermillion in a dot on his forehead.

"What are you doing?",he flinched a little

"This is vermillion,it is considered holy and is also meant for protection so don't wash that off until it disappears on its own."

"Cool."