CHAPTER-36

Made in the A.M

"You lied to me earlier then?",I asked facing her under the quilt.

"Lied about what?",she asked in surprise.

"You said you kissed your boss",I replied.

"Okay that's not true and you are the only man that I kissed",she said.

"Why did you lie to me in the first place?What was the need?"

"You have no idea how I felt about everything.On one hand I was madly in love with you since always and on the other hand you were messing around with Sarika.That was pathetic and may be I thought I would feel better,if I tell you that I'm seeing someone but it actually made no sense after that",she ended.

"Www.Poor strategy",I said.

"Shut up Stefan",she punched me in my stomach.

"Good for me",I said.
"You have no idea how I felt when I saw you talking with your boss.I felt like a loser and I was so jealous of him while all the time you lied to me about seeing someone way older than you.That doesn't matter any more knowing that I'm the one who got to kiss you first and somehow I feel damn lucky about it".

"How did you realize that you loved me?",she asked.

"I always felt different around you and I didn't know what it was.Yesterday Carol asked me if I was happy......

"Stefan...I can't understand you,stop exaggerating your accent,it's getting difficult to understand you",she interupted.

"That comes out when I'm around my family or overly emotional and in this case it is the second one.
So yesterday Carol asked if I was happy with my life like personally and I told her  everything that happened between us and then the video getting leaked.I told her how meeting you changed my entire life,how you were not only a good friend to me but also made me feel confident about myself by just being there and then I told her how I spent the most miserable 3 months without you and how much I missed you and how I ranted about you day and night to my sisters and then how happy I was to see you again and how I distanced myself from you in order keep you out of the mess I created.

She simply said that I was in love with you. She said that I should not lose you to someone else.I knew I always felt different about you and can't stand if you date another man but I never really knew that I was in love and that this is called love",I ended.

"Mm..hmm.You were in love before then how come you couldn't realize?",she asked.

"What I feel right now about you is nothing compared to what I felt about anyone in my life so far. I don't deny the fact that I was in love once or twice before but this is a whole new feeling and it drives me crazy. You stay in my head somehow and I fucking love it. I like to think about you all the time and in doing so I end up smiling and eventually it brings happiness to me. I swear I was never so happy and contented with what I had in the last 25 years. You drive me insane girl".

"In this case I was smarter because I realized that I fell for you immediately",she chuckled.

"It has got nothing to do with smartness",I retorted.

"Stefan,I have never had a man in my life. Loosing my dad at a tender age,I never knew how it felt to have a man in my life.I had a few male friends and that's it.When I saw you for the first time,I was mesmerized by your appearance and by your voice.When I got to know about you more and more,I liked everything about you and wished to be with you for the rest of my life.After you left,I had it fixed that whatever little we had was over and that I'm never gonna see you again.I had to move on somehow so I started overworking and kept myslef engaged all the time.I was never over you but I also knew that we were never meant to be together so eventually I had to get over you in order to move on. This was the first time.

I fell for you the for second time here in New York.I got to see a whole new side of you.An obedient son,a good and a protective brother and importantly the role model of millions in this country and a man who respects women... What else do you want in a man?That's when I truly and actually fell for you for the man that you are.The way that you looked at me every single time only made me fall a million times deeper in love with you."

"Wow.I never knew I had such an impact on you",I said only to tease her .

"Boy, I was obsessed with you the whole time", she replied.

"Right after Isabella gets married, I'll take you to London.You can stay there with me and my family for a while and I would take you for sight seeing.You should come ,it will be fun",I said after taking a break.

"That's not possible right now but I would come there one day", she said promisingly.
"I need to tell my mom about it sooner or later and I think she would like to meet you personally",she said.

"Yeah,I know.I'll pay a visit next month to India to meet your family.Do you think your family is gonna be okay with us?My family really wants us to get married and especially my sisters,you know how fond they are of you."

"I know that your family loves me. I'm not quite sure about my family.Some of them are orthodox and considering the fact that we belong to different cultures and countries it is gonna be a little difficult. Don't worry,my mom will understand all this. It's not that she has no idea about you, she knows that I love you.
I told her that I loved you the day that video got leaked.She has no problem with me being in love with you I guess but she didn't like the way you bailed out of the whole situation.I don't blame you because I know you always wanted the best for me and you did it no matter how hard it was for you", she ended.

"I'm sure your family is going to have a problem with my appearance,I mean my tattoos,my nose rings and stuff",I asked what was running in my head since the last 10 minutes.

"Hundred percent", she replied.

"Should I get it removed?",I asked.

"You don't have to change anything about you in order to please my family or any other damned human being. Mind it.My family has to love and accept the way you are because I love the Stefan with tattoos, nose rings and wierd hair",she said.

"No obnoxious comments about my hair",I snapped at her.

"Your hair really grows fast,isn't it?,she ran her fingers through my hair.You need a haircut Stefan or you could put this into a cute pony.You have no idea how crazy that little pony of yours drove me when I first saw you".

"Mm..hmm.You should probably go to sleep,it's 3 am already",I said tucking the loose strands of her hair behind her ear.

"I just wanna stare at you the whole night and watch you fall asleep like a baby", she said.

"Naughty girl",I said and pulled her closer to me.