CHAPTER-12

Late night phone call

I was so delighted to have this new friend that I came to my home humming songs and dancing while swirling my dupatta very much to the surprise of my mom and best friend Geet.
"What's wrong with you?Are you in love?", asked Geet.

"I'm not in love but I'm very happy",I yelled.

"What's the reason behind your happiness?",my mom asked snatching my dupatta.

"A friend.I got a new friend",I said.Delighted.

"You didn't celebrate this way even when you topped the university",said my friend chuckling.

"I wanna tell you something. Into my room now",I dragged her into my room.

I narrated every bit of everything that I had  with Stefan and she was obviously awestruck.

"Krittttuuuuu.....so you are finally in love!!!wooooooaaaahhhh!!!....... 

"Oh hello! Did I mention that I love him?We are officially friends now and that's it".

"Awww you love him and you don't know.It happens with everyone and they don't realize it.You see you'll realize this one day and you'll remember me.I can picture this already...you and him in one frame... Awwwwww.
I thank God that he made you fall for someone finally.I never saw you this happy before,you are glowing today",she said at the top of her voice.

"Shh...Don't shout.Mom will know about this and I don't want that to happen.There is nothing called love between us,we barely know each other",I tried to sound practical.

"Okay.I'm glad that you invited him tomorrow and try to know him as much as you can.I'll take aunty to shopping and we will stay out the whole day while you try to bond with him",she said assuring me.

"Thanks gee..",I said.
......................................................................
Am I really in love?
Did I never feel as I'm now?
Why am I feeling so different?
I don't know what it is but it's definitely not love.I don't wanna fall in love with someone who is unattainable.
.....................................................................
I couldn't sleep the whole night out of excitement.I could hear my heart pounding so hard against my chest.My brain was super active as if nicotine was running in my blood.If Stefan was Stefan Salvatore he could hear my heart beating so loud😂😂.
Agh!!My brain and heart...Why don't you guys just calm down and let me sleep?

I wonder what is Stefan feeling like right now? Should I call him now?I said I would call or may be he is sleeping.After hundreds of negotiations with my own brain,I decided to call him finally.
......................................................................
"Hello Stefan",I said with my words trembling.I was still nervous even after being friends with him.

"Hmm....Ms Singh I expected you would call",he said as I imagined him having that smirk on his face.

"Are you back to your room yet?",I asked.

"So already checking on me....hmm?",he replied.

"No.I just wanted to know if you were back to your room",I retorted.

"Didn't sleep yet?",he asked.

"No".

"Thinking about me?",he asked.

"Yes",my dumb self replied without having second thoughts about the answer.Shit.

"I see",he replied smirking.

"No I'm mean I thought of calling you cause I told I would call you so I did call you and in this process I thought about you",I gave a vague answer cursing myself later.

"Why do you get so nervous everytime you speak to me?Are you like this with everyone or is it me who gets you nervous?",he casually asked.

"No I don't get nervous all the time and I suppose everyone would get nervous around you".

"But Why?Do I look like a school principal?"

"No it's not that.It just happens and I don't know why and may be because you are Stefan Wilson".

"So I get you nervous..hmm?It's fun watching you get nervous.You act cute",he said.

"I lose my shit and you find it cute?",I asked chuckling.

"Language Ms Singh please use appropriate language.I guess you are putting your country's pride at stake",he teased.

"Well,I suppose we are friends now and so it's fine",I said with confidence.
So he still remembers that washroom scene,I mentally cursed myslef.

"That's like my girl. Be my friend and don't get nervous around me. Trust me you look so comical when you get so nervous",he said.

Wait.Why is my heart ready to get out of my chest?My girl?Omg!he is so sweet.....I wanna hug him right now.Never did a boy address me like that and it feels so good when someone calls you like that.

"Yes I know,I mess things up but as we are friends now I won't mess any more".

"Ah! That means you will stop doing stupid things from now on?You will be taking away my source of entertainment.That's pretty sad.You know what you should stop being nervous but continue your stupidity".

"No.My nervousness leads to stupidity",I defended.Speaking of entertainment,you are my source.I love your songs".

"Hmm... really?I'll sing you tomorrow and it's getting late,I got some work.Let's meet tomorrow.Good night".

"Good night",I smiled.

I felt so relaxed after that and went to sleep.Nothing has such impact on me as this man or his songs.When he comes here tomorrow,I'll get to know more about him like all the things that a friend should know in general.
I still can't believe that Stefen Wilson is my friend.