CHAPTER-16

I'm jealous

"Sir I'm gonna ask you something and be truthful when you answer",Clara said as we finished our long passionate kiss.

"Okay go ahead",I said.

"What exactly happened before that concert?,I mean I saw you getting all shivery and sweaty then you wanted to talk to your mom but the moment she entered the room,you looked quite normal and you didn't even mention the fact that you were getting nervous to your mom.I don't understand how you managed to get out of that super anxious state."

"Okay so I heard the doctor saying that such attacks can be cured by emotional support and that is why I wanted you to call my mother.Tablets don't work always when you have it in your mind and you feel all alone and lonely,you need a friend sometimes and sometimes a parent and sometimes may be umm.....Kritika.May be I was craving for a feeling to have one known face amongst a crowd of thirty thousand people and having known that they are in crowd, watching and cheering you and I got it all when Kritika was there",I ended.

"I was there too, don't you get that same vibe when I'm in the crowd cheering for you?",Clara asked as we walked into the elevator and then she wrapped her arm around my neck and pulled me closer as the elevator door closed.

"Clara,you have always been there for me",I said putting on a mischievous smile and pulling her even more closer.

We pulled off from each other when the elevator stopped.When I turned around,I saw Kritika standing there and by the look on her face I could tell that she she saw what we were doing in the elevator earlier.Shit!

"Hey Stefan", she said in her sweet tone still wearing that surprised expression.

"Hey Kritika.What's up?"

"Nothing I was just waiting for my friend Geet who is supposed to take this elevator. Stefan you rocked today,I loved your performance and the crowd liked your attire,I interviewed quite a lot of people today",she said.

"Thank you,I too loved the kurta,I'll wear it sometime else too",I said.

"Sir we have appointments and we are late already",Clara interrupts.

"Yes Kritika I'm actually late,I'll call you at night",I said looking at my watch.

"Bye Stefan".

So this is happening for the second time in the day,I mean she getting to see something that I don't want her to see or know.I don't wish to clear things but she shouldn't have seen it either. I don't understand why does it even matter,I mean millions of girls throw themselves at me but why did I feel guilty when she saw me making out with Clara.I don't understand what to feel and why I'm feeling that way.
......................................................................

Kritika's pov

"What's wrong with you Kritika?Why don't you just understand,just stop freaking out and know that you didn't lose anything", frustrated Geet yelled at me or may be she was just trying to explain.

"I told you already,I didn't like the fact that he was making out with his assistant",I said looking away from her folding my brow.

"Well, that is his choice.She might be his gf or may be they are just messing around normally and it should not bother you.It is not a good sign that you are hurt",she said.

"I know I'm hurt and I can't stop being hurt cause it actually hurt me.Are you not the same person who was happy the other day because I finally fell for a guy and now you say it's not a good sign?"

"Yes may be because it may break your heart and what if he refuses to return your love which is quite obvious with the number of flings he had in his 25 year old life".

"Don't be too quick to judge a person",I said in a serious tone.

"Okay look if he were any other normal guy,things would be different.He is Stefan,the heart throb of the world and every girl that ever happened to see him on screen or off screen falls for him and you are no different to him leaving aside the fact that you guys are friends and he kissed you twice on cheek".

"That's not quite common in here right?",I asked out of the blue.

"You mean pecks?",she asked.Surprised.

"Yes".

"Not that common in here but it must be the most uncommon thing for you right?",she said pushing me by my elbow playfully."Okay well that's the best part,he kissed you on your cheek",she said winking her eyes.

"No it's the worst part because it is the thing which made things complicated for me",I replied."What do you think about this?",I asked.

"It's good as long as you are okay with the fact that your love can stay one sided for like forever and accepting this is the most difficult thing in this world but if he loves you back then you are lucky",she said patting my shoulder trying to console me.

"What if this thing is only physical attraction.....I mean what if it's gone after sometime?",I asked her doubtfully.

"Then girl you are saved because that guy you claim to love is unattainable",she said bluntly.

"I don't know,I'm confused like I don't want it to be just physical attraction,I wanna love him deeply with all my heart.People fall in love when they develop this feeling of attachment towards the other person and they will know every little bit of each other ,you will have that one person you can come back to at the end of the day and tell him how your day was and what you felt about it,there will be this mutual understanding and all I can say is,it takes time to fall in love with someone.What if my feelings are confined to his physical self and will be gone one day?"

"It's quite normal just don't overthink and as I said you'll be saved."
"People fall in love in mysterious ways sweet heart",she winked her eye and a threw a pillow on my face.