CHAPTER-17

Stefan's pov

It is 2a.m and I couldn't sleep,the next moment my phone buzzes and I get the remainder of a party that I had been snoozing all day.The party is in the evening and I need a date which is all more fucked up when I don't wanna attend it in the first place.I have been literally avoiding parties and conferences and all that stuff since one whole year and I haven't shown my face to the world.Now this sudden shift is getting awkward and I'm sort of hating it and I just wanna get back to my own lone self comfortable in his own space.
I'm gonna ask Clara to set me up with a girl tonight as my date.

But wait what if I already have someone on my mind who is worthy enough to be my date?......Kritika can be my perfect date but I'm not sure if she is gonna be okay with it.I will ask her personally cause she is my friend.

*Hey Kritika*,I texted her not being sure if she was awake.

*Hey hi*,she replied back immediately.

*Can you do me a favour.....like can you be my date tonight like we have this stupid party that I can't avoid somehow....so?*

*Oh yeah but I can't promise you so it's better if you look for someone else or may be your assistant*,she replied back to my utter dismay.

*Clara is sort of busy and moreover I want you to be my date so I'll be really glad if you accept my sweet proposal*

*What kind of sweet proposal is this😂😂😂?It's anything but sweet and sorry I can't be your date tonight.It's a fucking high profile party and I'm gonna freak out totally*

*But you have done this before.....plz Kri🥺*

*Yes I had to do this because it was my job but this party is pretty private so I can't*

*You are coming and that's it*

*You can't force me stef*

*Yes I can,so wear the dress I'm gonna send you tomorrow on your address and don't worry about anything. I'm gonna put Clara on this duty,she will take care of your hair,makeup everything and all that you have to do is look pretty.I will pick you up at sharp 7 pm.So sleep well and look fresh.*

*But I didn't give you my approval*

*I don't need it because I know you will not turn me down.Goodnight....I'm gonna sleep.*
......................................................................
Kritika's pov

It's 5p.m and I had to come home early from work for obvious reasons.I got dressed up in the gown that Stefan had sent me and I swear it is the most gorgeous piece of cloth I have ever seen.It is a floor length black gown all glittery and shiny and had a V neck ending little down my cleavage.It was backless and had fish cut below my waist.I convinced my mom that it is related to work or she won't permit me to go a party with someone who is not my boyfriend and I swear she will never understand this concept of a date so it's better if I just lie.

"That dress is gorgeous",Clara complimented as soon as she got into my appartment.

"Yeah I loved it too, thanks to Stefan",I said wearing a fake smile because I felt all awkward in front of her.Stefan could have chosen her as a date and I guess she is heart broken right now.
"I actually suggested Stefan to ask you out as his date....you know I'm not used to all this and plus I think you guys...

"Ohh please.. there is nothing of that sort going on between us,we were just casually hooking up and please let's not make things awkward,let me finish my work",she said and I didn't know how to react.

It is exactly 6:45 now and I'm ready,Clara has done her job amazingly....it is so good that I failed to recognise myself initially.My make up was simple and classy.A little eyeliner and dark eye shade,I got smoked eyes and nude lips.I left my hair open with little ornaments spread here and there all over my hair,Clara curled some of the hair strands in front which only added to the beauty.

Stefan called and he said he would be there in 5 minutes. I'm so nervous but things are different because we are friends now and I'm not nervous being around him,I'm pretty nervous because I will be surrounded by celeb freaks and this is something massively strange and out of the blue for a normal girl like me.

Me being Stefan Wilson's date tonight....I don't know how his fans are gonna react but is it the right thing to do?
I mean I find him hot and strongly attracted towards him,I wanna be with him,talk to him,dance with him,hold his hands and kiss him...well my heart wants to spend an eternity with him right now and I think I should listen to it.