CHAPTET 32

Night

It is 1 am almost and I have no idea how I'm gonna go back to my hotel.Geet got her stomach upset and so she left early and I have no clue about the streets of NYC and I guess I have only one person that I know who would help me out but damn!I don't have his number and there I have no means to communicate with him.April and Violet are already asleep and I know where their room is located but I have no idea about Stefan's room.

I reached 2nd floor where the girls stayed ,assuming that Stefan's room would be around.Luckily I bumped into a lady who knew where Stefan was and the way she looked at me really got me annoyed.She stared at me as if I was going to his room to spend that night with him on his bed and so I dismissed her off saying "Thankyou".

Knock Knock.

"Hey",Stefan opened the door the next moment.I assumed that he would be sleeping but I guess he was practicing as he was holding his guitar with one hand and he had taken off his shirt revealing more and more tattoos on his chest and abdomen.I was quite busy deciphering some of the symbols and analysing what they meant and I was caught...damn!!
"You can do whatever you are doing but come on in first",he smirked and I landed a soft punch on his bare chest.

"Shut up Stefan."

"What's wrong?You are still here",he said closing the door and then he put his guitar aside.

"There is no way I can go back to my room,I'm left here all alone",I said frowning."Can you drop me or ask someone else who would drop me?I know it's late but it's important for me to get back,I need to attend a conference tomorrow".

"I'm not sane enough to drive now and I don't think it is safe enough to entrust you with anyone considering the things you have done today."

"Shut up Stefan."
"You are never sane."

"Come sit",he signalled."Do you wanna change?"

"Yes please.I can't stay any longer in this dress".

"I'll get it from the girls.Just wait",he stood up but I stopped him.

"We are not the same size Stefan."

"Oh yeah.I remember."
"I'll get you my clothes."

He pulled out a black over sized hoodie and white boxers from his messy closet.
"Take these",he said in his raspy voice.

I'm in the bathroom now and I made up my mind to take away his hoodie.It is so soft and comfortable and I could still smell his musk on it.Right below the basin there was a dustbin and it was filled with ciggarates and yes...him not being sane completely makes sense.

I furiously stepped out side and was gonna yell at him but stopped myself when I found him completly immersed in the tune that he was making.His eyes were closed and his fingers were on the strings of his guitar.

"New album on the way?",I asked him with excitement when he opened his eyes after 5 minutes and finally acknowledged my presence.

"Nope",he answered bluntly and made a puppy face.

"Wanna eat?",he asked as he placed the guitar in its place.He was done with his work perhaps.

"I'm full."

"Okay".
"So tell me about what you have done in these 3 months",he said as he laid down on his bed with his palms under his head.

"Nothing much. I got a double promotion and a double hike and now we are starting up in NYC and I'm heading the project",I said.

"Wow.I knew you would be doing someone like that.I insist Violet on taking journalism as her major and someday she would become likes you",he said smiling genuinely.

"Yeah she was telling me the other day."
"It's your turn",I winked my eyes.

"Nothing much. I recorded a couple of new songs and then I was busy in wedding preparations".

"You know what?I have known Rahul all my life and I have never imagined that he would be getting married to your sister",I laughed as I said.

"Yeah, Isabella told me and he is a cool guy."

"Yeah Isabella is lucky to have him."

"Nope.Rahul is lucky to have my sister",he spoke instantly.

"Whatever",I rolled my eyes.

"So was there any romantic progression in your life?",he asked and I could see the enthusiasm on his face.

"Yes",I whispered.

"Boyfriend?",he asked.

"No".
"I don't know what they call it but I kissed my boss several times and we never really dated."

"Serious?",he laughed and he changed his position.Now he was sitting with his legs crossed across his chest.

"Yes",I smiled.

"So it was your first kiss then because you never had a boyfriend?",he asked me seriously.

"Yeah.I mean sort of",I was quick to reply.
"Tell me about your romantic life",I asked.
"I'm sure there must be lot of stuff."

"There is nothing actually.I hooked up with Sarika a a few times and that's it",he was honest.

"You could not find a better girl Stefan",I said teasing him.

"Better girls deserve to be loved and I'm sure Saarika will get someone who would love her and it's not me.I tried but I couldn't ,so I just let it go."

"Do you think I would get the person I love?",I asked him innocently.

"Well it depends on the person you love and I'm sure that lucky man would be the luckiest person to have you", he said smiling genuinely.

"What's so special about me? Why will that man be the luckiest person?...Stefan you are so difficult to understand sometimes."

"Because he will have you and just imagine if you could save me from whatever I was dealing and we were just friends then what are you capable of doing to someone who you love",he said fixing the loose strands of my hair that were falling in my eyes.

"I don't think....

"Shh.."he prevented me from saying another word and placed his finger on my lips.
"Never underestimate yourself.You are the best person I know and whoever that bastard is,he is gonna be damn lucky to have you and I'll be jealous of him",he said as he removed his finger from my lips.

"You could have me too...just in case...,I paused and I don't know why.

"That's never gonna happen",he laughed and he made me feel stupid.
"You had to put up with so much trouble just because of me.I already mentioned that I don't want that for you because you deserve so much better and that is not me",he said remorsefully.

"Who is underestimating themselves?"I asked smirking.

"Hey it's late.We better go to sleep and you also have a meeting tomorrow",he said changing the topic.
"Sleep on the bed and I'll be sleeping on the couch",he said getting up from his place but then I held his hand,"I'm comfortable around you and this bed is huge enough for both of us.I would not like it if you sleep on that little couch."

"But...

"Come and lay next to me",I pulled him by his hand and he fell on the bed.

"Okay fine",he submitted.

I closed my eyes and he tucked me and himself in.I could feel him laying next to me and his chest going up and down as he breathed.He then turned to my side and placed his hand over my head and started carassing my hair gently and I soon fell asleep.

I somehow feel the most comfortable and safest around him