N I N E

Y/N POV

What a beautiful day it is. I looked up to the ugly creature in front of me. That's right, my mirror. I was looking into my reflection. Not that surprising right?

Well to be honest, I'm pretty. Pretty ugly. OK fine... I'm the standard beauty of a woman. My looks were ordinary. I'm not thick, yet I'm not skinny. I don't consider myself pretty but I also don't consider myself ugly. You know what I mean? I'm just... I'm just in between.

I was supposed to go meet Wang Ja today because I promised him the last time we met. That time Hyunjin was sick so, I couldn't meet up with him. We agreed to go to the karaoke place but he changed it at the last minute. "What? You want to come here? I already dressed up though." This boy. This boy got the audacity to laugh on the other line. Like boy? I dressed up. I wasted my time to dress up and you say you want to come over and not go outside. The fawk?!

"No, you can't. I have roomates now. I can't just let you come and go anytime you want." I told the boy but he just kept on whining. Is he a child?! No, he's a grown adult man. Yet he still acts like a five year old. Actually screw that, a five year old is better than him. "Please? Just ask them... I'll buy you the necklace you always wanted...?" Hmmph, he sure knows how to win my heart. "Fine, I'll ask. But if they say no, don't blame me. OK?" I could practically see his face smiling on the other line. "OK OK, LOVE YOU!" he shouted back. One day, one day he'll be the death of me.

The boys were out at practice for a while now so, I don't think it's a problem if he comes. Won't it? I should ask Chan if he's okay with it.

I was kinda hoping he would say no but oh well

I was kinda hoping he would say no but oh well... Time to call Wang Ja to come. Sigh. It's gonna be a long, long day.

"Finally you're here. What took you so long?" I asked him, as he was panting up and down. "What do you mean so long?! I came here five minutes after you called me. I practically ran here miss." He said, panting between each of the words. I let him come in and asked him to go to the living room as I go get changed into something comfy.

It took me a while because I had no idea where I put my hoodies. Or any of my comfy clothes. Don't misunderstand me though, I'm a tidy person. It's just that I don't really clean until I feel like it needs to be clean. Like, I put my clothes everywhere but I don't mind it until it's too much for me to handle. And that's when I put my clothes to wash, or back into the cabinets where it's supposed to be.

I finally found my hoodies after what seems like an hour or so. Wang Ja must be bored waiting for me. "Hey babe, what do you want to do?" I asked, not looking at him because I was fixing my hoodie. "Babe?!" Eight voices said.

I looked up in surprised that the eight of them had already came back from practice. I guessed I really took an hour to find one hoodie. "Oh, y'all are already back from practice?" I took out the apples from the fridge I cut beforehand and gave it to them, sitting on the floor next to Wang Ja. "You haven't answered us. Babe?!" Minho asked me, as the rest of them stared at Wang Ja then me then, back at Wang Ja again.

"Relax. It's just what we call each other." I told them, taking a slice of apple and putting it in my mouth. "Wait, so are y'all dating or not?" When Changbin asked that, Wang Ja and I just looked at each other and laughed. Like we were literally combusting in our lungs. We laughed so much until we were crying. Tears were coming out of our eyes.

The boys just looked at us in confusion. "Y-you really think we're dating?" I asked them, still laughing my ass off with Wang Ja. "Well, I mean you call each other babe. So, yes?" Minho said. "Ahahaha, no. We're just best friends. We aren't dating." Finally, we both calmed down. The boys looked at us and some of them even looked relieved to hear that we weren't dating.

They still didn't know who Wang Ja was so, I introduced him to them and them to him. "This is Chan, Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin, Jisung, Felix, Seungmin and Jeongin. And this is Wang Ja, my babe." They shaked hands with each other.

Then, we talked about random things and soon it was already dinner time. I went to prepare dinner as they talked more. I made mashed potatoes, fried chicken and a side of fries. Not gonna lie, cooking was so much easier now. I'm a literal five star Michelin chef. As I was washing the potatoes, someone came up behind me and asked if I needed any help. It was Wang Ja.

"Yea, can you help me bring these out to the dining table?" I pointed to the mashed potatoes and chicken that was already done cooking. "Okay, after this I have to go. The dorm will close its gates soon. Love you, byee." He said as he waved me a good-bye and gave me a hug. "Yea yea, love you too bye." I said and hugged him back.

Now, you must be wondering why we call each other babe right? We're just close enough to say it to each other. He started it first though. We were in middle school that time, and he had a girlfriend. One day, I was sitting at my table when he came up to me and accidentally called me babe (which was what he called his girlfriend at that time). Being the amazing best friend I am, I just teased him about it all day. Don't worry, that day was also the day he broke up with her. But to be honest he wasn't really that sad and I was kinda happy. That girl wasn't good for him; she was toxic.

So from that day on, we just called each other babe. Sometimes, to throw our other friends off into thinking we were actually dating and other times for fun.

------------------------------------------------------------

I cleaned up the dining area and went to my room to get ready for bed. I turned on my computer to do some extra studying when someone knocked on my door. "Come in." I said. "Noona, do you like Wang Ja?" Jeongin asked, as he came towards me. "Wang Ja?! No I don't like him. Why do you ask?" I turned and look at him. "I mean, y'all were calling each other babe and he's nice to you. So, I thought maybe you like him or he likes you. Am I wrong?" He asked again. "We did like each other before. He liked me and I liked him but we liked each other in different times, so things didn't work out and we're just friends now." I explained to him. "Oo OK noona. I'll go to bed now. Goodnight." I waved him goodnight and I went to sleep.

Why does everyone think I like Wang Ja though? I get that we're usually touchy with each other and calls each other names but why- oh nevermind. I get it now. It's because we're touchy and call each other names... But in my defense, we're just extremely close which is why when we do those things, we don't get awkward with each other.

Besides, I don't have time for a significant other now. With my debts, schoolwork, and cooking and cleaning in the dorm... I don't even have time for myself. Sigh.

To Be Continued...