F O R T Y

Happy Birthday to the bestest boy Hwang Hyunjin!!!

Y/N POV

"Wang Ja, which looks better?" I asked him, holding out two necklaces. I've finally figured out what to get Hyunjin for his birthday. A necklace! Or a bracelet, or both. Hehe, I'm still not that sure yet.

But I at least figured out that I want to gift him some type of accessory so, that's good. I was now outside with Wang Ja, going around the shops to find a birthday present.

"Nah, both ain't that nice. It doesn't fit him." Wang Ja said. I put the two necklaces down in disappointment. Those two were the nicest ones among the rest of it. It's too bad it won't look good on Hyunjin.

But to be honest, anything looks good on him. He could wear a piece of a garbage bag and he'd still look just as good as him wearing a designer outfit. That's just the mere power of his looks.

I had to agree with Wang Ja though. The necklaces I was holding didn't seem to fit Hyunjin's vibe. I kind of agree with Wang Ja somehow. I scanned through the shop one more time before going to another shop, right across the gaming shop.

While Wang Ja spent his time inside there, playing games and checking out some of the newest games that were released, I went inside the accessory shop. I walked through the small aisles, scanning my eyes all over the pretty jewellery.

Then, out of the corners of my eye, I saw something. Something that really matched his vibe and is surprisingly cheap. Well, cheaper than the rest of the items in the store. The store is pretty expensive if I say so myself.

I took the necklace in my palms and examined it. It was a beautiful daisy necklace that had a silver chain and a daisy charm. It looked cute and simple, just like his style of clothes. It would totally fit him. I'm sure of it.

I went to the cashier and paid for the necklace. Then, I went to the gaming store and met up with Wang Ja. "I'm done," I told him. "Oh okay, where do you wanna go now?" He asked.

"Hmm... Let's go eat." We went to the nearest restaurant and headed inside. We got our seats and ordered some food to eat. "So...?" Wang Ja smirked.

Oh boy. What is he going to ask now? "So what?" (by Loona go listen to it) I asked, obviously clueless because he only said 'so'. "What's the tea sis? You and Hyunjin? Why do you wanna get him a present? Is something going on? What is it?"

Boy be asking too many questions at once. "Woah woah woah. Slow down," I told him, gesturing with my hands, "nothing happened with me and Hyunjin." OK, I had to lie. If I told him the truth, Wang Ja would be very, very talkative. I mean, he already is but like, more talkative. If you know what I mean.

"Miss girl. I know you ain't telling me lies right now. Better spill." Wang Ja said with a sassy tone. Since when did he have sass? I have never seen a dude with this much sass. Wait. Nope. I have. I have seen a man with this much sass. Even more sass actually. Hwang Hyunjin. The sassiest of all sass. Also dramatic-iest of all dramatic but that's not the point.

I had to tell him. I didn't want to. But I had to. He is my best friend after all. And besides, sooner or later he would find out so I might as well tell him now. "Fine. We like each other." I said bluntly. "I know. Other than that?" I know?! How does everyone know?! 

First the seven dudes and now him? I swear the whole world knows about us. Is it that obvious? I don't think it is... Is it really? "What do you mean by 'I know'?" I asked obviously wanting to know how he knows. "Y'all make it so obvious." What? How? I didn't even know he liked me until he confessed.

And I'm sure that he also didn't know until I confessed. Hmm... Maybe we're both blind. (blinded by love eheh) "I- sure. But that's all. We just confessed. Nothing more, nothing less." I said, taking a bite out of my food. "That's it? I'm sure there's more. Aren't y'all gonna date or something?"

"Umm... I guess? His dating ban won't end until the 25th so I guess by then we're still not officially a couple." I said, taking another bite from my meal. I was hungry. "That's in like.. In like..." Wang Ja tried to calculate the days left. "Mr Park. You are a business major and can't even calculate the simplest of things." I shook my head left to right, pretending that I was disappointed in him. "It's eight more days by the way."

"Well it's not my fault my brain don't work that fast!" He defended. It is but I'd feel bad if I say it directly to him. Hah, no! I won't feel bad, but I just won't say it to him. "Yea yea, just eat now." I gave him his spoon and he began to eat.

-----------------------------------------------------

After Wang Ja and I finished eating, we went back to our own homes. "Psst Y/N, where are you going to bring Hyunjin on that day?" Felix asked. "Uhm, I'm still not that sure yet. But I have one place in mind." I whispered back.

Right now, we were all seated in front of the TV, just watching some tv shows for fun. It was their off day today and they wanted to spend time together. Hyunjin just went to the toilet so me and Felix are whispering to each other.

"Which is?" Jisung asked. Hmm, I guess my whispering isn't that soft. "Arcade." I told them all since they could all hear me. I still said it softly though, just in case Hyunjin heard me. "Oo nice. I'm sure he'll spend hours there." Changbin remarked.

"Who'll spend hours where?" Hyunjin sat down next to me. Oh shit. Did he hear our whole conversation? Did I mess it up? "Felix. Felix will spend hours at the gaming store. You know him and his games." Minho said, making us all sigh in relieve, secretly.

Minho really knows how to save the day. He did that last time too. He's very quick witted. "Oo yea, Felix really loves games." Hyunjin agreed. Phew! Thank god he didn't know what we were talking about. "Uhm, let's continue the movie. Shall we?"

"Mhmm." Hyunjin said, holding my hands in his. Ahh, he never fails to make my heart flutter even at the littlest things. "Ew. Get a room!" Minho shouted at Hyunjin. "HYUNG! WE ARE JUST HOLDING HANDS!" Hyunjin shouted back.

"My point exactly. Get a room!" Minho shouted again. "Hyung, it's not my fault you don't have anyone's hand to hold." Hyunjin teased back. "Where's the tissue?" Minho stood up, making Hyunjin let go of my hand and run for his life, Minho walking after him.

Yes, you heard me right. Walking. Minho didn't even need to run. He walked. I feel bad for Hyunjin but it happens almost everyday so... I'm used to it. So are the boys. That's why we just continued watching the tv while Minho and Hyunjin were having their little cat fight.

To Be Continued...