8th Chapter: TRYING

Enjoy reading loves!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Zhan stood up and gave a smug smile at Yibo. Their conversation went well and they appear to be more relaxed around each other now. No past, no drama. Yibo stared at Xiao Zhan while he put on his backpack. Their eyes met and Yibo quickly veered around. It was not an uncomfortable moment, but not an ordinary one.

He walked Xiao Zhan to the door, both in silence. Xiao Zhan puts on his shoes and proceeded outside. Yibo couldn't help but gaze at the man with a statuesque image. When they had their first conversation and today, somehow Xiao Zhan seemed so familiar to him. Not by appearance but with something else and he couldn't pinpoint what.

Xiao Zhan noticed Yibo's stare and slightly raised a brow.

"Mr. Wang, something on my face?" He giggled.

"Hmm?" Yibo furrowed and quickly recovered his senses.

"You keep looking at my face. Something you want to ask me?" Xiao Zhan asked with a curious smile.

"No. Nothing. Well, see you Mr. Xiao."

He gave Yibo an affiliative smile and extended his hand for a handshake and Yibo did the same.

"See you, Mr. Wang."

"Hmm."

Xiao Zhan smiled and went on his way. Yibo's eyes followed him until he was out of sight. He closed the door and walked towards the living room, a bit puzzled. He leaned back on the couch, resting his head and pressed his lips together. Yibo kept thinking about Xiao Zhan ever since he met him at the cemetery. He didn't escape his mind for one bit.

"Impossible that I'm attracted to him.." He mumbled.

He looked at the time and realized how fast it was running. Quarter to 10 and he's still not dressed yet. He quickly got up and went upstairs to change. Minutes went by and he was ready to go out. He decided to bring a backpack instead of his gym bag and puts in extra clothes for his dance class. He didn't bring his skateboard along because he decided to stop by the grocery store later. It'll be a hassle to carry so many stuff, he thought.

On his way to the elevator, he saw Mrs. Yu talking to somebody. It was her neighbor Mrs. Nie and seemed like they were talking about something important. The old woman sensed his presence and looked at his direction. Her sweet smile made Yibo happy everytime like he used to with his mother. He bowed his head a little and gave a quick smile back. Mrs. Yu ended the chat and the neighbor went back inside. She walked slowly towards Yibo and greeted him happily.

"Good Morning, Son. Off to work?"

"Good Morning, Mrs. Yu. Hmm. Was there a problem?"

Yibo asked a bit concerned and Mrs. Yu promptly shook her head.

"Ah, no dear. Everything is fine. She just asked me about your visitor earlier. She said a handsome guy asked where your flat is."

"Oh. Yes. That was Mr. Xiao Zhan. We had a meeting concerning the café. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier Mrs. Yu. I told him to come by instead of me going outside."

"It's alright, dear. She said, she thought he'd seen him before. That friend of mine, she also said he got scared at first because she thought it was Yuta."

She giggled feeling shy and bit sorry for her for mistaking Xiao Zhan as Yuta.

"Oh." Yibo didn't want to say anything anymore cause the conversation will just take a lot longer.