2nd Chapter: IT'S YOU

Enjoy reading loves!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everything's going to be okay."

Yibo kept thinking about what his brother told him. He didn't ask either and just assumed that he just wanted him to feel better.

"Let's go. It might rain on our way there." Haikuan said.

Yibo grabbed the flowers and umbrella and closed the door. On their way to the elevator, they bumped into Yibo's landlady Mrs. Yu and her son Cheng. Yibo and Haikuan smiled and immediately greeted them. Yibo introduced his brother to Cheng for it was the first time he will meet Mrs. Yu's son. He just came back from Switzerland for a vacation. Cheng studies abroad and comes home when he's on a break.

Haikuan extended his hand for a handshake and Cheng did the same. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Mrs. Yu interrupted them. Cheng lets go of Haikuan's hand and lowered his head a bit. Haikuan looked away too feeling embarrassed. Yibo glanced at his brother and gave him a slight smirk. Haikuan gave Yibo a what-are-you-looking expression and shrugged.

"Good morning to you two. I'm glad you haven't left yet. We were on our way to you." Mrs. Yu said with a wide smile. "Pretty flowers you got there." She paused for a moment. "It's that time of the year again huh." She continued.
Yibo looked at the flowers and back to Mrs. Yu. He noticed her smile was gone.

"Yes, is everything okay?" Yibo looked at her with a curious face.

"Oh yes, dear. I just came to give you these." She handed Yibo a red paper bag full of chocolates. "Those are from Cheng. I know how much you like them." The three grinned all staring at the embarrassed Yibo. He thanked Cheng and Cheng gave a smile back. "And this..is for him." She also handed him a cloth bag. "I made his favourite, crab meat fried rice, and green tea cake. You can't go without those." Her eyes were saddened.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Mrs. Yu. We were planning to buy some on the way." Haikuan happily said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Yu. You remembered." Yibo said emotionless. Cheng and Haikuan both looked at Yibo as their smile slowly faded away.

"Of course, dear. How could I forget?"
She tenderly squeezed Yibo's shoulder and gave him a comforting smile. He genuinely smiled back. "Well, we'll go now. You too should get going. Don't let the rain catch you." The mother and son said their goodbyes and went on their way and the two got into the elevator.

"She is as sweet as ever, isn't she?" Haikuan said pressing the ground floor button.

"Yes, and I'm very grateful to her," Yibo said looking at the food she had prepared. Mrs. Yu is a kind-hearted woman in her late 50s. She was like a mother figure for Yibo and was present when Yibo needed someone to talk to and was always ready to give advice just like a real mother would. She was there when it all happened.

"By the way Kuan, I saw the way you looked at Cheng earlier. Do you like the guy? I thought you were straight?" Yibo teased his brother with a mischievous smirk on his face. Haikuan's face turned red and he choked in his saliva causing him to cough up hard. He stared at Yibo with eyes wide open. Yibo tried not to laugh and gave his brother a contented look. "That's for teasing me earlier." He said. Haikuan gave his brother a smack on the head and both chuckled.

They soon got out of the elevator and both frowned when they were greeted by a pitch-black surrounding. They got into the car immediately and drove off. The whole ride was quiet. As they were nearing the cemetery, Yibo was becoming more anxious. It was normal for him to visit Yuta now and then but today seemed different. As if something bad is gonna happen. He ignored it and thought nothing more of it. They parked near a big tree and the moment he got out of the car, he felt a tingling sensation on his neck like he was going to throw up. He gulped and took a deep breath. He grabbed the flowers and the food from the backseat and walked ahead. Haikuan noticed Yibo's face but he just followed without uttering a word.