24th Chapter: CONFESSION

The weather is amazingly wonderful outside as summertime still wavers around them, and for the first time in 2 years, rather than sitting on his balcony and feeling dreary or alone, Yibo starts to appreciates what he is seeing. He wanders his sight left and right and sometimes glancing at Zhan to see what he is up to. Along the trip to Zhan's apartment, they will converse on small talks, this and that, if one thinks of something, he will start to talk and the other will answer back then, silence again. The drive became relatively quiet though when Yibo almost hit a stray cat and started noticing Zhan becoming somewhat troubled about something after as he began rubbing his chest.

Yibo, who got a bit worried by the sight of Zhan being in discomfort, abruptly stopped the car on the side of the road and unbuckled his seat belt to go check his lover, but Zhan was still looking far away as if being scared of something, not even noticing that Yibo was stroking his arm until he squeezed his hand.

"Zhan, are you okay, baby..? What's wrong..?"

Zhan flinched when he heard Yibo call his name and finally looks at the worried man. Looking pale, blinking twice as much and swallowing greedily his saliva, obviously from too much nervousness. Yibo stared at him in astonishment, his brows meeting each other, waiting for him to speak but, Zhan's voice was stuck in the middle of his throat that nothing comes out even if he tries so only nodded his head as a reply at Yibo but the other instantly knew he was lying. No one as pale as Zhan can deny that he is not afraid of something so Yibo grabbed his gym bag from the passenger seat and pulled out his water bottle, offering it to Zhan to calm his senses down.

Zhan with a shaking hand took the water from Yibo and started gulping down the liquid as fast as he could. Yibo caresses his back while he savours the water down and it successfully did the trick. After a second, his pinkish colour came back and so did his sanity and looked at Yibo in a pout out of embarrassment.

"Are you okay now..?"

"Hmm. Thank you.."

"What happened to you..?"

Zhan at first hesitated to answer fearing that Yibo might laugh at him but Yibo convinced him that he will not.

"I got scared.."

"Because..?"

"Because you were driving so fast and the honking startled me.."

"What..??"

Zhan covered his face with his palms and Yibo, who promised Zhan that he wouldn't laugh, tried to suppress it as hard as he could not to hurt Zhan's feeling but, it was too much for him to handle and ultimately, gave in. But Zhan, instead of getting upset by Yibo's sudden outbursts, was shocked and found it interesting to see that a person like him, whose attitude is quite inward, can laugh so innocently like a little kid.