26th Chapter: INTENTIONS

!!WARNING!!

!!!SENSITIVE TOPIC AHEAD!!!

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE, I WILL UNDERSTAND❤
--------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the kitchen.

Haikuan was moving here and there, his feet would lead him where he needs to go, his hand orders him what he needs to get, but his mind was telling him something else, to stop and take a deep breath. Yibo's words wouldn't leave his head, that vicious aura burned him and his brother's emotions enunciated anguish.

"If you haven't brought him here, nothing like this would've happened.."

That statement, a reasonable phrase, yes, but the way Yibo stated it, felt like it has more meaning to it, deep and unwanted.

Because of his absent-mindedness, he forgot to put on mitten gloves and proceeds to open the pot, forgetting that the lid has no foam to protect his hand from the heat. Good thing, someone caught him by the wrist and stopped him from doing so before injuring himself.

"Careful..!"

He gasped at the voice that came from behind him unexpectedly, finally realising the mistake he was about to do. He sighed in relief then shifted his eyes to the person still clutching onto his wrist.

His eyes expanded.

"Cheng..?"

The man with a sour expression, brows quarrelling, hissing and all, while looking at the pot instead of Haikuan, let go of the hand he just rescued and grabbed the mitten hanging from the wall, while the other was just staring at him, still feeling stupefied.

"What are you doing here..?"

Haikuan inquired, his eyes stuck on Cheng's face, observing every movement the man's lips and orifices make, how many blinks he commits with his long and curly lashes, the sound of his breath when he releases air from his slightly open ledges and the fact that he is avoiding eye contact with him, all on slow motion.

Cheng responded with silence, his eyes not wanting to encounter Haikuan's and so finding a way not to by pretending to check on the boiling water and putting in the vegetables rather than casually talk to him like nothing happened. He has enough reason not to, of course, reasons not to talk about what transpired between them in the car the other night and if ever Haikuan starts something, he could just veer his way around the conversation by telling him how reckless he is and staying in that discussion up until they finish cooking.

Haikuan, on the other hand, could not stay quiet for long and Cheng's silent treatment towards him was making everything around them a bit unsettling.
His watches didn't leave Cheng even for a second and obviously, the man doesn't want to give in either.

But, that was it for Haikuan. He is not a fan of people dismissing another person just because they feel like it and as if he did something that cannot be forgiven. He understands that he had hurt Cheng but Cheng has to also understand that he is new to all of this. Maybe the kiss shocked Cheng but, he wanted to make sure that what he feels for him is authentic. He admits that the kiss was a bad idea but with all honesty on his part, he liked it.

He pressed his lips and decided to speak up, turning his body to face Cheng who was still busy attending on the pot, stirring and all just to avoid clashing eyes with the man beside him.