SPECIAL CHAPTER: FOREVER

2 years after.

Beautiful Sunny morning, birds chirping, and equanimity envelops the still inactive man rubbing his eyes as he stretches the sluggishness out of his body. He bathes happily under the rejuvenating sunshine and takes a deep satisfying breath, then gazes next at the gorgeous surroundings of different colored flowers circling the entire house. Proudly, he smiles at it, and for a moment lets his eyes and self enjoy another blessing of today. While doing so, he plays with the thing that revolved in his finger with his thumb, which is a gold piece of jewelry, plain and simple yet priceless. He circles it round and round, which over time, became his habit to remind him of the wonderful man he shares the precious thing with always.

"Good Morning, my love.."

He whispers affectionately as if the man he wants to hear them is just in front of him.

"See you later.."

He returns inside and makes a cup of coffee for himself and tea for the other, then he made a simple breakfast of pancakes drenched in chocolate syrup and berries on top, scrambled eggs and crispy bacon on the side, how his husband would prefer them. Next, he prepares the table, puts on a silk cloth on top, then places a vase filled with blue, pink, and purple hydrangeas in the middle. Then, he settles in the food and the silverware accordingly and professionally like in a 5-star restaurant.

A smile escapes his lips as he looks at his masterpiece proudly and excitedly, however, there is one thing missing. Just then, the doorbell rings. He runs to the door and instantly opens it, in which his eyes glimmer at the sight of gorgeous pink peonies blooming right in front of his eyes.

 He runs to the door and instantly opens it, in which his eyes glimmer at the sight of gorgeous pink peonies blooming right in front of his eyes

"Delivery for Mr..".

"Yup, that's me. Thank you.."

He reaches for the bouquet and without a second glance, closes the door with his foot. His eyes were stuck on it while walking towards the kitchen and murmuring to himself.

"He'll love these for sure.."

He puts it on top of the marble countertop and with a wide smile on his face. He looks at the clock, and it says quarter to 8. Eagerly, he runs towards the upstairs, but, curtailed halfway when his eyes set foot on one of the photographs on the console table. Quickly, he picks it up and gave it a morning kiss like he always does, and with a whisper, he added;

"I'm coming.."

Then he goes to the master bedroom, readies his clothes on the bed, and went on to take a bath. Not once that he had taken the ring off his finger, not even when taking a bath, and he sings with it in the shower as if that
special someone is bathing with him. Since getting married, many unusual habits and changes in his attitudes had developed in him. Two of those are his patience, and his capability to appreciate even the littlest things life brings. Choosing to be with the one he loves truly was a game-changer that brought greater harmony and meaning to his life, which he needed most.