4th Chapter: WE MEET AGAIN

Enjoy reading loves!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yibo slept through the whole afternoon and was awoken by the uncomfortable feeling coming from his stomach. It was growling non-stop telling him to get up already. He rolled over each side of the bed still feeling drowsy and remembered that he didn't eat anything for lunch.

He was famished.

The rain had already stopped and the dark grey sky was replaced by a reddish and orange shade of feathery clouds. The silhouette of the windows in Yibo's room was visible against the dimming light as the sun started to set.

Yibo got up lazily from his bed, caressing his stomach, and went downstairs to get something to eat. He switched on the light and grabbed the food offering they brought for Yuta and reheated it. Don't waste the food, he remembers his brother telling him. But, really he was just reminding him not to skip his meal which of course he disobeyed, again.

Whatever, he thought.

He said a little prayer for Yuta before eating.

"These are your favorites, let's eat together." He murmured and sighed.

He ate there in silence lost in his thoughts. Eating alone wasn't a big deal for him. He was used to it even before Yuta came along. Haikuan joins him sometimes when he visits, but it was different when Yuta was still around. The silly things Yuta used to say to him making him choke on his food and how Yuta would guffaw, slight arguments, serious convos, and all that; he just really miss him today overall.

Two years without someone to eat with or to talk to was kind of heart-rending for him at times. But, it is what it is. It's not like he has friends to call and invite over for brunch. Neither Yibo nor Yuta like that idea. They were contented with each other's company and Yibo still prefers it that way even after Yuta passed away. He acts as if Yuta was still there.

He finished his food and went for the chocolates Cheng gave him, unwrapping them one by one and popping them into his mouth. He has a crazy appetite for sweets but he was never really a conscious eater. He sweats it easily by doing sessions every day. His lean and toned body says so.

After finishing half of it, he puts it in the beadboard cabinet and then proceeded to wash the dishes he left earlier.

It was nearing 7 pm and he didn't have much to do so he went back to his room after switching off the lights downstairs.

He checked for his schedule again for tomorrow and decided to watch his favorite show, The Untamed. He and Yuta used to binge-watch it together. He watched it how many times already but he still does when he's bored or not busy. It was relatable for him in a way. The only difference was that his lover won't come back to him.

Lan Zhan..let me go.

Wei Ying...

Yibo gulped as a tiny tear escaped his eye. He was so focused on the scene when his phone suddenly rang. He was startled and frowned a bit. He paused what he was watching and checked the screen, it was his manager.

"Jili, what is it?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Just checking boss. Are you going to the café tomorrow?" He knew Yibo was annoyed by the way his voice sounded.

"Yes. The usual. I will go there in the afternoon. Why?" His brows furrowed.

"It's about the signage of the café. You said you want to change it. I already found someone who can do the job. My friend knows someone. He gave me his number and I already called him." He explained.