3rd Chapter: UNCERTAINTY

Enjoy reading loves!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm Xiao Zhan.."

"He was my friend.."

The same words kept repeating in Yibo's head. Why is he here anyway? His mind couldn't rest. Same question and he wants answers. Yibo stroked his furrowed brows and rested his head on the car seat cushion. He folded his hands together on his lap and heaved a sigh. A sprinkle of rain began to scatter on the windshield and soon became a downpour. The road went out of sight and a loud, rushing noise of the water was all that can be heard. Yibo closed his eyes for a brief moment.

Haikuan kept glancing at his brother who seemed to be a bit perplexed.

"Good thing we got out of there before the rain came. Are you okay?" Haikuan couldn't hold the question any longer. Something is up but Yibo just gave a slight nod. "Do you mind telling me what's been bothering you? You're at it again. You're here but your mind is somewhere else." Hiakuan insisted on trying to focus on the road.

"Headache. And, the weather is..terrible. I hate it. Can you drop me off at the drug store instead?" Yibo didn't want another lecture from his brother so he quickly tried to distract him with another topic. But, Haikuan didn't believe him. He still wanted to know what was wrong.

"What's up with that guy and you?" Who's he?" He insisted with a demanding voice trying to get something out from his brother.

"He's Xiao Zhan," Yibo muttered sarcastically. Haikuan looked at Yibo in disbelief. Did he just mock me? He thought. He let out a light sigh as he didn't want to annoy Yibo again and just let it slide.

But, Yibo still couldn't get the man out of his head. Not because he's attracted to him or anything like that, it's because he sensed something different about the guy. But, he doesn't know if it's a positive or negative thing yet. It's what he wants to know.

"He is Xiao Zhan..."

He mumbled, finally falling into a deep sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EARLIER AT THE CEMETERY...

The three stood perfectly still in awkward silence. The cold air invaded their space and finally, Haikuan decided it was time to get going.

"Yibo, I think we have to go. The rain will come soon. Let Mr. Xiao have his alone time with his friend." Haikuan looked at his brother in persuasion. Yibo nodded and looked away. Haikuan stared back at Xiao Zhan who was just listening to them.

"Please excuse us, Mr. Xiao. We will just collect our things and will go ahead." Haikuan said.

"Please take your time Mr.Wang. I got plenty." Xiao said in a playful giggle.

Yibo made a face whenever he hears Xiao Zhan's voice. The stern demeanor of the man standing behind them was quite irritating for Yibo. Xiao Zhan on the other hand just stood there still looking at the two, particularly at Yibo. He was not expecting he'd finally meet the Wang Yibo his best friend told him about. What a coincidence he thought, of all places. The two finished cleaning up and turned around to say goodbye to Xiao Zhan.

"Well Mr. Xiao, it was nice meeting you again. I'm sorry we can't stay for a chat. We will go ahead. Yibo? Let's go." He politely said. He gave a quick smile at Xiao Zhan and was the first to walk away. Xiao Zhan smiled back and bowed his head a little before starting back at Yibo. As Yibo starts to follow his brother, he thought he heard a faint voice say something to him. The wind muffled some of the words so he didn't properly hear all of them.